Welcome to the Rotax Masters Forum

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
Tmatthews
First Name: Thomas
Last Name: Matthews
City/Town: Calgary, AB

Re: Welcome to the Rotax Masters Forum

Post by Tmatthews »

Steve...its only 30 lbs of lead added to my kart haha....maybe less after the Christmas season.

SteveO
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Orton
City/Town: Calgary

Post by SteveO »

...maybe less after the Christmas season.
So true!
I think many of us are carrying a little extra ballast around our bellies these days. :lol:

Do you have any idea how much weight Chris is adding to his kart?

Thanks,
SteveO
Stephen Orton

SteveO
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Orton

Post by SteveO »

I've now received responses back from the majority of the Masters drivers on how much weight each of us are adding to our karts to meet the current 395 pound Masters class weight minimum.
  • 5 drivers (25%) are right at the class weight minimum with no added wieght.
  • the most weight added is 45 pounds.
  • the average weight added is 15 pounds.
Based on those numbers, I think the current weight is bang on. It definitely doesn't look like we need to increase the weight limit anytime soon.

SteveO
Stephen Orton

Mark
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Hillier

Post by Mark »

I'm not saying that the class weight SHOULD change but based on those numbers, the class weight is higher than it could be.

NOBODY is overweight (find another class like THAT) and 75% of the drivers are adding weight.

If the weight were lowered to, say, 385 lbs -would that really change anything for anyone ? I don't think so -but going by the numbers the class weight is clearly higher than in has to be.
Mark Hillier #44 VLR Senior, Shifter