Rotax Masters Class Meeting-Thursday Feb 11, 2016

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
SteveO
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Orton
City/Town: Calgary

Rotax Masters Class Meeting-Thursday Feb 11, 2016

Post by SteveO »

I hope everyone has had a fantastic Christmas break, and are now trying to shed some weight for the upcoming race season! :lol:

There will be a class meeting immediately following the Feb 11, 2016 club meeting at Original Joe's in Quarry Park,
The purpose of the meeting is to come to a consensus on Rotax Masters age limits. It was a hot discussion over the summer, and we need to make sure that we have everything in order for this upcoming year.

I think I've got everyone on my email list, except Ray Lord, but if I've missed you, please send me a private message, and I'll make sure to include you on the list, and bring you up to speed.

Regards,
SteveO
Stephen Orton

Rob Kozakowski
First Name: Rob
Last Name: Kozakowski
City/Town: Edmonton, AB

Re: Rotax Masters Class Meeting-Thursday Feb 11, 2016

Post by Rob Kozakowski »

CKRC is currently at 395 lbs?

For what it's worth, EDKRA runs Rotax Masters at the "ASN National" weight of 381 lbs...

I have to admit that I question why EDKRA follows a "National" weight when it is no longer offered as a National class.

The USA, which has runs Rotax Masters at several National level events, runs at 405 lbs.

Given that we want to try to mirror the class structure as much as we can between the 2 clubs, I'm sure EDKRA could make some adjustment to weights for the class... there are probably a few guys up here who would be ok with a higher weight... I'll definitely bring it up for discussion amongst the people in the class.

SteveO

Post by SteveO »

I know the 395 pound combined weight caught a few of the EDKRA guys out last year when they made their first trip through the CKRC scale shed.

In December 2012 we reviewed the weights of all the CKRC Masters drivers that competed in our club championship, and found that the 395 pound combined weight was hitting the sweet spot. Many drivers were right around that, while a few of us still had to add weight, and a few others had to consider a diet. Based on that, we kept the pre-existing limit of 395 pounds intact. It seems to work fine for our group, but I do agree that both Alberta clubs should be on the same page, as the only other Masters drivers we'll be racing against are within our own province.
Stephen Orton

Rob Kozakowski
First Name: Rob
Last Name: Kozakowski
City/Town: Edmonton, AB

Post by Rob Kozakowski »

Haha... I should learn to read... I originally thought your first sentence of the original message was about class weight...

After a quick survey of the EDKRA Masters guys on facebook, it seems we are all in agreement that we want to be running the same weight in both clubs. If you are staying at 395, we'll adjust our weight up to 395 to match... 381 is too low.

SteveO

Post by SteveO »

My turn to laugh...but there is no plan afoot to change our weight for the Masters class.395 seems like the perfect number for our group, and if your guys would be happy at 395, then I think that would be a great first step. Then we have to address the age issue...Stay tuned!
Stephen Orton

SteveO

Post by SteveO »

At the February 11, 2016 Rotax Masters class meeting, the class unanimously voted in favour of using the ASN standard age of 32 years to be minimum age of a driver racing in the CKRC Rotax Masters class in 2016.
The proposal has been sent to the club executive for further discussion.

As mentioned prior, the minimum weight of kart and driver will remain at the 395 pound limit that the CKRC has been using since the origin of the Masters class. The ASN does not have a standard weight for this class, leaving it open for each club to determine what fits their needs.
Stephen Orton