Warburg Summer Challenge attendance

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong
City/Town: Calgary

Re: Warburg Summer Challenge attendance

Post by John Kwong »

I'm out. Too busy with other classes. Just want to focus on Briggs and Rotax out of town.

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

RoyW
First Name: Roy
Last Name: White

Post by RoyW »

Evan is willing to race Stock Moto - SKUSA rules S2 category. We will race regardless of what others use for engines or specks.

We feel happy to challenge the TM or ICC motors even at the HP disadvantage of the Stock Moto Motor. Our focus is skills development and fun! We don't really know for sure what should be done to balance out the HP between the two primary engines in use. But feel that in time if Evan cannot be competitive regardless of our best efforts we will still remain happy to play. Our focus is developing as the best SKUSA ProTour Senior competitors we can be.

See you in Edmonton if you want to race. If not, you can count on us racing with you in Calgary.
Roy White

Rob Kozakowski
First Name: Rob
Last Name: Kozakowski
City/Town: Edmonton, AB

Post by Rob Kozakowski »

A little background info...

2016 is the 2nd running of the Summer Challenge - which we hope will become a mainstay annual event in Warburg.

It is a "unique" one-off event where we want to offer "something" back to the racers in the form of a prize package - along with a different race format, a lot of track time, a lot of fun, and very good value with fair entry fees for the amount of track time and prize package going back to the racers.

In the Briggs and Rotax classes, we have relative engine parity (or at the very least a well-defined rule set), and therefore it's easy to offer a prize package to the top finishers because people know that if they're fast, they can "earn" the big prize... in Shifters... not so much.

In recognition of the lack of engine parity (and the potential nightmare in trying to create parity with different weight) one idea we are considering in order to encourage participation in the shifter class, is that the prizes will be distributed on a random basis, rather than purely on the basis of finishing order.

Bottom line, for a $150 entry fee, you would get lots of track time, a chance for the fast guys to take home a winner's trophy and the press that goes along with it from a "big event", and a chance for even the slowest guys to go home with a cheque to help cover some of your racing costs from the weekend.

We have about 6-8 "real" shifter karts in Edmonton right now. There is another 20 or so DD2 karts in Edmonton. There are several DD2 karts expected from out of province (Manitoba, Saskatchewan).

If we could get a good portion of those karts on the track with 12 from Calgary, we have the potential to see 30+ karts with some sort of gearbox sharing the track together at once.

It's been a long time since we've seen that in Alberta... and I think it would be awesome to see it again.

Mark
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Hillier

Post by Mark »

Woah...hang on a sec there Rob-o.....you want to give prizes to the SLOWEST shifter driver !?!?

Rob.....BABY...I'm your GUY !!!!

I'm HORRENDOUS in this thing so far. Only driven it twice but you know...I'm not too bright and pretty stubborn so I'm not likely to improve much by then....

:mrgreen:
Mark Hillier #44 VLR Senior, Shifter