Newbie Oops

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
Jaro51
First Name: Jaro
Last Name: Wardwell
City/Town: Calgary

Newbie Oops

Post by Jaro51 »

So I've had the shifter out once and already have a newbie oops I need some help with. I had about 2L of fuel left in the tank after my day on the track and proceeded to put the kart on it's rear bumper and lean the kart against my garage wall to get it out of the way. And as you experts know, helped by gravity, over the course of a few days most of that 2L of fuel made its way down through the carb, motor and exhaust system and onto my floor.

My question to you guys is what do I do to make sure everything is OK when I go to fire it up tonight at the track? I've pulled off the airbox and carb to make sure they're not full of fuel, pulled the plug and turned the motor over by hand to make sure the engine isn't full of fuel. I didn't take the exhaust system apart, should I? There was fuel dripping out one of the joints when I realized my mistake about 5 days ago.

Thanks!

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong
City/Town: Calgary

Re: Newbie Oops

Post by John Kwong »

The motor shouldn't have filled with fuel. Pulling the pipe off to make sure it is dry is worth doing too. Make sure transmission oil didn't flow out of the breather too.

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/