4-cycle clone class

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer
City/Town: Calgary

Re: 4-cycle clone class

Post by Fred »

OK just to throw it into the mix I am just about to place a large order for the TKM4S for WCKC 4 stroke boys (they have decided to ditch the Briggs) The deal price I have on them is $2050 complete more horsepower and 300 hours reliability from a sealed motor so cost savings after the initial outlay still 5-6 years down the road, Allen Berg is on his 5th year with his motors with only 1 being rebuilt due to lack of oil and still turn a 50 sec lap.
I must however say that this engine will never be adopted by the ASN (NOT ENOUGH MONEY IN IT FOR THE KART SHOPS) I imagine the LO206 will be the chosen engine, and probably makes sense but if anyone wants one let me know this is a one off deal and I can get them sent with the large consignment for BC.

FASTER, BETTER, MORE RELIABLE than any other 4 stroke TKM4S.

Mark
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Hillier

Post by Mark »

The problem has aways been that racers want to go fast and speed costs. We have multiple classes to accommodate for age (and a necessary difference in power for any given age group). There is also a contingent of people who want to race but can't afford (or simply choose not to spend) what it costs in some classes.

The TKM @ ~$2000 is probably the best bang-for-your buck, bar none -but is that what we really need right now ?

The club needs MEMBERS. More members = better things for ALL race classes.

There are more people out there that we can get into classes like Rotax but so far, we've lacked the marketing clout to get them. There are probably even more people out there who would race if the costs were lower and I think a clone class covers that nicely. The kart shops have nothing to fear from a clone (or TKM) class as it's unlikely either will be pulling people from Rotax (which is their bread and butter). More racers = more revenue for the shops. Ok, so not as MUCH incremental revenue per additional racer as Rotax, but more revenue nonetheless (Clone and TKM drivers still need chassis, Mychrons, tires, etc.).
Mark Hillier #44 VLR Senior, Shifter

Fred

Post by Fred »

TKM Drivers dont need tires we are all Super Natural Super Humans !!!

Mark
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Hillier

Post by Mark »

Well Fred, I've heard some people suggest that you might not be from this planet -is that what you mean ? :mrgreen:
Mark Hillier #44 VLR Senior, Shifter

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong

Post by John Kwong »

Interest in the clone powerplant is increasing. This year looks to have several newcomers and grizzled veterans joining the ranks. I am putting an order together from BMI karts and KartWorks Canada. This is for the parts needed to complete the build of a clone motor for kart racing. Items such as motormount, air filter, clutch, emulsion tube, exhaust header, etc. If anyone else is interested in joining this order, let me know.

John Kwong
403-228-6028
[email protected]
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

Fred

Post by Fred »

John

I am going to put 2 on my Jade some time so will need stuff what is the price of the complete package I will need ? I will not be fitting headers to it though I am just using stock box exhausts.