iRacing with other CKRC members

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
Bainesy36
First Name: Nigel
Last Name: Baines
City/Town: Calgary

Re: iRacing with other CKRC members

Post by Bainesy36 »

Hey Jake,

I use the clutch on cars that need it, otherwise it's just for the start. As far as I know, there is no advantage to using the clutch, especially with the Porsche and other cars that are paddle shift or sequential anyway.

I'm thinking of getting a set of these pedals - https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/pedals/cs ... c-usa.html - Great reviews for feel and reliability and at a decent price point. I would think these will help more than anything!

I'll shoot you a text here soon, then we can hook up in the new year.

theostubbs
First Name: Brent
Last Name: Kadler

Post by theostubbs »

Hey guys.

I'm new to the club. I'm not new to Iracing. Been doing it for over a year now.

I don't mind hosting some events for the CKRC. Send me an iracing message and/or a message on the ckrc forum.

Usually I work up north and can't commit to regular events. I'm in town for the next 3 weeks or so. I don't mind hosting an event every few days for the next few weeks.

Typically I'll host a 1 hour practice followed by a 5-10 min qualy followed by a 30min race. Most of my 'buddies' can't finish a 30min race without crashing. If you guys are comfortable we can maybe go up to 45min or even 60min races if it suits your fancy.

7:00pm until 8:30pm on whichever weeknight works for you guys.

Skip Barber and Mazda Miata are the most competitive and 'fun' classes for newby racing.
Cadillac CTS-V is a great middle ground between a Miata and the GT3 cars.
GT3 is my personal fav, but most newbies can't handle the cars.
The new Redbull Rallycross is a barrel of monkeys fun, so i'm open to that also.
Le me know what you guys want to race.

Brent Kadler

Bainesy36

Post by Bainesy36 »

Hey Brent,

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I have just sent you a friend request in iRacing so we can try to hook up if we're both on at the same time.

Looking forward to it!

Nige

Bainesy36

Post by Bainesy36 »

Jumping on this evening with Mr. Sanguinetti!

Bainesy36

Post by Bainesy36 »

If anyone is interested in doing some iRacing this Wednesday evening, let me know! If you PM me your email address, I will send you a link to a Discord chat room that we can all join. You will need to download 'Discord' obviously ;)