How can I insure my karts against fire and theft?

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
Erin
First Name: erin
Last Name: peet
City/Town: calgary

Re: How can I insure my karts against fire and theft?

Post by Erin »

We do all of our Kart insurance through Astro as well.

Jill Perras
First Name: Jill
Last Name: Perras
City/Town: Calgary

Post by Jill Perras »

I contacted Astro today and received this reply:

Hi
I’m sorry but we cannot offer any new Go Kart Insurance. The insurance company RSA has opted to no longer offer this coverage.
Thank You,
Kim Federico
Account Executive
Astro Insurance 1000 Inc.
100, 542 - 7 St. S.,
Lethbridge, Alberta T1J2H1
email: [email protected]
Phone 403-328-1000
Fax: 403-320-1962

I also contacted K&K Insurance Group Canada and received this reply:

Hi

We have a program to cover go karts from physical damage and have attached our application.

This program is designed to protect competition vehicles from physical damage losses due to fire, theft, trailer upset and most other physical damage claims. Other items that can be covered are spare parts, tools and equipment. Coverage is provided while the insured items are stored and transported to and from events and while in paddock or garage areas. There is no liability coverage.

Our minimum premium is $1,000

If you wish to discuss, please contact me.

Regards,

Carrie Clermont CIP, RIBO | Underwriter
: Email: [email protected]

K&K Canada Online Purchase Available….please visit www.kandkcanada.com

A $1,000 premium seems huge to me in comparison to the value of my kart. Previously my kart was included in my home insurance through AMA but when I switched provider to TD Insurance Meloche Monnex they refused to cover any karts.

I am still waiting to hear back from Stoneridge but it seems finding a home insurance provider who is willing to cover them is the most economical way to go.

R.Brown
First Name: Ryan
Last Name: Brown
City/Town: Strathmore

Post by R.Brown »

Earlier in the year, I wanted to get coverage for all our karting equipment, so I followed the link thru the ASN website to Stoneridgespecialty. I called them, and they do their coverage thru an online form, which was quick to fill out, and I was insured in about 20 minutes. Don't quote me on these numbers but all contents of the trailer, tools, suits, etc added up to 40k+ and the premium was under $500. Can't recall the deductible, but it was not outrageous.

I took pictures of everything, all toolbox drawers, tote contents, etc and emailed them to be put on the file.

I dealt with Kory, he was prompt and very helpful.

PS, there was a place in Lethbridge earlier listed in the thread and they told me that karting insurance is not something they do anymore.

Hope that helps,
ryan

Jill Perras
First Name: Jill
Last Name: Perras

Post by Jill Perras »

I heard back from Kory at Stoneridge and received the following information. I got everything covered for $350 plus tax.

Good Afternoon Jill,

Thank you for contacting me regarding coverage for your Go-Karts. The easiest way to get the information on the coverage we offer and to obtain a quote would be through our website: http://stoneridgespecialty.ca/insurance ... ams-shops/ follow the link and it will take you to the page you are looking for.

If you are interested in getting a quote, click the green “Buy Now” button and fill in the forms. This will give you the annual premium and if you would like to proceed, you can pay buy credit card and have the policy within minutes sent to your email address.

If you run into any trouble at all, please do not hesitate to contact me and I can give you a hand.

Best Regards,

KORY R.L. BESTA, RIB.O
Producer/Broker
1336 Sandhil Ave. – Unit 4
Ancaster, ON L9G 4V5
T: 1-226-318-1744
M: 1-226-387-0697

Erin
First Name: erin
Last Name: peet
City/Town: calgary

Post by Erin »

We use Astro as well.

Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer

Post by Fred »

If you are insured through Astro please check it is still in place .. that deal used to be attached to the Clubs policy that as of July last year is no longer active..