EDKRA Night Race Additional Details - Saturday September 17

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
Rob Kozakowski
First Name: Rob
Last Name: Kozakowski
City/Town: Edmonton, AB

EDKRA Night Race Additional Details - Saturday September 17

Post by Rob Kozakowski »

As mentioned at the drivers meeting on Saturday, the EDKRA's night race will be held this Saturday September 17.

The schedule for the day will go something like this...

9:30 – “open” practice
1:00 to 2:30 – driver’s meeting, followed immediately by a round of “scheduled” practice/warm-up (6 minute session for each class)
2:30 to 3:30 – qualifying (5 minute session for each class)
3:30 to 3:45 – break
3:45 to 5:15 – pre-finals #1 (start based on qualifying times) - 6 to 8 laps
5:15 to 6:15 – break
6:15 to 7:45 – pre-finals #2 (start will be invert of top 8 from qualifying times) - 8 to 10 laps
7:45 to 8:00 – break
8:00 to 10:00 – finals (start based on combined points from pre-finals and qualifying) - 10 to 12 laps
10:00 - fireworks and entertainment

Classes / race groups (not necessarily in this order):

Senior Max / Masters Max (may be run together or separate, depending on number of entries)
Junior Max / Mini Max
Micro Max / Jr 1 Briggs
Jr 2 Briggs
Senior (Light) / Masters (Heavy) Briggs
Shifter (note, DD2 karts can run this class as well as "regular" DD2)
DD2 (we will run a DD2 only class... for those who aren't aware, EDKRA has a big group of DD2 racers that race on Wednesday nights... we'd love to see some out of towners join us for this event)

Registration is done via motorsportreg.com

Also check out edkra.ca

Hope to see you all there!

Rob Kozakowski

Re: EDKRA Night Race Additional Details - Saturday September

Post by Rob Kozakowski »

If anyone is interested in coming, feel free to ask any questions here, and I'll share as many "secrets" (i.e. gearing, etc) as I can to help you get up to speed to make it more fun.

Weather is looking great. If you've not seen the karts under the lights before, the sights and sounds can't be beat, with the cool evening air and sparks flying.

For those interested in coming who have not been to the track in Warburg, we have power at all pit stalls, so bring lighting for working on your karts in the pits!

And finally, we have lots of space for camping at the track, so bring an rv or a tent, enjoy our firepit and a few drinks at the end of the night, before heading home on Sunday.

DaveC
First Name: Dave
Last Name: Cameron
City/Town: Calgary

Post by DaveC »

Rob, could you share your suggested Briggs gearing please? I know you have before, I just can't find it.
Thanks, Dave
Dave Cameron
Briggs Masters #12

Rob Kozakowski

Post by Rob Kozakowski »

Dave,

In Masters/Heavy, I run 15-58 +/- 1 tooth in the back. I tried a 16 in the front at the 2015 Summer Challenge (sharing a kart with Skylar), and could NOT get it to work as well, for whatever reason.

I believe that the Senior/Light guys run the same as they run in Calgary... if I'm not mistaken, that should be about 16-60/61. Note that Senior/Light runs at 340 lbs in EDKRA, not 350 lbs.

Rob

Rob Kozakowski

Post by Rob Kozakowski »

We already have 60 entries as of noon Friday. I can list another 50 entries that are likely to show up.

If you've ever wanted to try racing in Warburg, this would be a fun weekend to do it... lots of karts, lots of fun!

Bainesy36
First Name: Nigel
Last Name: Baines
City/Town: Calgary

Post by Bainesy36 »

Looking forward to it! :D