2024 Jr Rotax class

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
pdbman
First Name: Patrick
Last Name: Boschmann
City/Town: Foothills

2024 Jr Rotax class

Post by pdbman »

As per Phil's suggestion we should put together a list of Jr Rotax racers for this season 2024. I'm sure there are a few new drivers moving up. There was a recent request for a representative from the club executive. Lucas Boschmann has decided to remain in Jrs for one more year to take another run at the Canadian Westerns this summer in Edmonton, so you can count him in. Please respond with your name if you are in this category this year and contact anyone that you know that is planning on racing Jr. We can then poll the Dads (or Mom's) who would be interested in the position or announce your intention, we need to have a name by the end of February.
Patrick Boschmann

JasonL
First Name: Jason
Last Name: Luinenburg
City/Town: Calgary

Re: 2024 Jr Rotax class

Post by JasonL »

Carson will be driving Junior this season.

Jackmazury
First Name: Jack
Last Name: Mazury

Post by Jackmazury »

Pat,

Based on my conversations I am aware of the following.

Drivers:
Carson L
Gage P
Tristan D
Myles J
Jayden J
Everleigh K
Lucas B
Sam A
+2 additional new members

I may have missed some, there may also be some moving in I am currently unaware of.

Please PM me if you want the last names, I didn't want to share on the public forum.

Thanks,

Jack
Shifter #30

Class Representative

JasonL
First Name: Jason
Last Name: Luinenburg

Post by JasonL »

We sold Carson’s Red Bull kart to a family that will have one or two new junior racers.

pdbman

Post by pdbman »

It looks like Michael Donovan has volunteered to be the Junior Rotax rep. Thanks and good luck Michael.

The Chad 21
First Name: Chad
Last Name: Pasowisty

Post by The Chad 21 »

Gage will be racing Junior Rotax this year. We are really excited for the new challenge and look forward to see you all when the track opens up.

mdonovan
First Name: Michael
Last Name: Donovan

Post by mdonovan »

My son Tristan is racing in Junior Rotax this year and I offered to help as class rep. Here's what I'm thinking for tires, let me know your thoughts.

- Maximum 5 sets of tires for 11 club races
- 1 set of tires per race day, can't use a different set after qualifying
- One new set of tires per double header weekend

pdbman

Post by pdbman »

From my experience 5 sets of tires is a little tight. If you are spending a lot of time at the track you may end up buying new tires just for practice, which defeats the purpose of limiting tires. You also have to hold your used tires for upcoming races and you end up doing a lot of mounting and dismounting. You will have a lot of tires to manage if you have multiple karts. Using a single set for both races on a double headers is fair and makes sense with the caveat that you cannot miss the first race and show up with new tires for the second.

I suggest

- Maximum 6 sets of tires for 11 club races
- 1 set of tires per race day, can't use a different set after qualifying
- One new set of tires per double header weekend using the same set for both races or using a previously registered used set on second race.

We spend a lot of time and money on these karts and it doesn't make sense to leave it up to luck and guess work when to use new tires or old ones. The restrictions also penalizes the racers that make all 11 races and gives an advantage to those that don't. The intent is to have the drivers show up for as many races as possible for the good of the club and the quality of the races themselves.

mdonovan
First Name: Michael
Last Name: Donovan

Post by mdonovan »

Great points.

A maximum of 6 sets work for me and ability to use a previously registered set for the second race of a double header weekend.

Everyone else, please weigh in with your thoughts.

Rob Kozakowski
First Name: Rob
Last Name: Kozakowski
City/Town: Edmonton, AB

Post by Rob Kozakowski »

We can't wait to get back down to Calgary this season. Everleigh will probably miss the first few races of the year with dance (yay - more time for me to learn to bang gears), so I think it's only fair that she doesn't gain any advantage later in the season by being able to put on new tires every race day.