Junior one Enduro 2017

Discussions relating to the Endurance Race (Enduro)
pauldeadman
First Name: paul
Last Name: deadman
City/Town: Okotoks

Junior one Enduro 2017

Post by pauldeadman »

Hi all,

George will be entering the Enduro for the first time and I was wondering how it worked. I cut and paste this from the regs:

. The winners of each Enduro class will be deemed to be the kart that has completed the most number of laps in the time allocated in their class. Each subsequent position will be taken on total laps completed after the winner has been declared in descending order. Once checkered flag is shown to a driver scoring stops

With the talent level pretty much equal amongst the J1s this year, barring any incidents, they should all complete the same amount of laps, so it just turns into a longer race with 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

I'm opening up this thread for ideas on how to make it a bit more fun for them.....

I will start by offering -

1. Blind pairs. Team mates are picked randomly from the entries by Fred or another responsible adult. The teams are kept secret until the banquet. Winning teams will be based on best combined total laps and lap times. Any other possibilities??

2. Team mates, Fred or another responsible adult will pick randomly from the entries and make teams of 2. The drivers will find out who their team mate is at the drivers meeting. Set a winning number for laps to be completed with each driver having a minimum of 20 mins on track. 1 or more pit stops allowed. First team to hit the winning laps within the 60 mins of track time? or 80 mins time to be determined. This will give them a good bonding experience with each other and someone to cheer on from the stands. They will compete in their own karts. Rules to be decided. Team mates could also be based on final championship positions? 1st and 12th (last), 2nd and 11th etc etc

Please have a think and offer up something to make this a different day of racing for the kids.
thanks
Paul

Hillbilly
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Sherman
City/Town: Blackie

Re: Junior one Enduro 2017

Post by Hillbilly »

The field might be equal in a 10-12 lap race but after the first 30 minutes fatigue sets in and Drivers make mistakes which other can capitalize on. Add the mechanical and tire condition aspect to the equation and you don't know who will win.

It's up to you if you think a 2 driver team will be faster than one driver for the full hour.

Endurance racing requires a lot more strategy than sprint racing which the kids have become accustomed to.

Mark
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Hillier
City/Town: Calgary

Post by Mark »

I agree with Scott however at only 45 mins in length, the mechanical factor isn't huge. Fatigue is certain at play though.
Mark Hillier #44 VLR Senior, Shifter

pauldeadman

Post by pauldeadman »

Thanks guys. My main thought behind it was the team aspect. They race for themselves all year, just trying to give it a different spin.

The fun in the adults field is being part of a team is it not??

Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer

Post by Fred »

Why do you keep likening me to a responsible adult ?

pauldeadman

Post by pauldeadman »

HA :) Just being polite :) :)

Do you have any thoughts on this subject?

Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer

Post by Fred »

I am fine with whatever is decided..