season wrap up

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
phil
First Name: phil
Last Name: haggerty
City/Town: high river

season wrap up

Post by phil »

WOW! What a wild last weekend to finish the championship! I have to say how proud I am to be a part of this group. The growth we have seen this year in terms of numbers & ability is incredible. I think Alan put it quite well on the way home "I didn't win the championship by any points, I won it by 2 tenths of a second". The thing I am most proud of is the respect they have for each other, & the clean racing we are seeing. I am unsure if all the parents understand that the kids have to have every bit as much faith in their competitors driving ability as their own to be able to race like they are. There has been very little in the way of lapped traffic, which means the depth of talent is excellent. I was sure the last race was going to see five karts fighting for the win, with the lead group finally breaking away late in the race.

Well done everyone!

Phil