iRacing with other CKRC members

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong
City/Town: Calgary

Re: iRacing with other CKRC members

Post by John Kwong »

My racing account is good until Dec 12 of this year, so I am still able to join in.

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

Bainesy36
First Name: Nigel
Last Name: Baines

Post by Bainesy36 »

Sounds good Jake and John! I was on the other night for the first time in a loooonnnnggg time and ran some laps with Brendon Sanguinetti. I know Josh Stretch gets on from time to time too. Not sure if Nathan still has his rig and a account or not??

Anyway, I'll let this thread run for another week or so before setting up a hosted session. :D

Bainesy36

Post by Bainesy36 »

Going to jump on around 8pm tonight with Brendon. Will be running the Skip Barber at Okayama if anyone is interested and sees this in time ;)

Bainesy36

Post by Bainesy36 »

I guess we don't really have enough interest. Hopefully some of us can hook up from time to time through the winter anyway ;)

sanguinetti
First Name: Brendon
Last Name: Sanguinetti

Post by sanguinetti »

Sorry I haven't been on the site for awhile and didn't see this thread. How about we organize a private race for guys who have iracing. Can we do that?

Set a date, time, car and track. Sign up, show up and have fun.
I'm away on the 20th for Xmas but otherwise I'm in!

Brendon

JakeThompson
First Name: Jake
Last Name: Thompson

Post by JakeThompson »

Im in the process of moving and I dont have computer set back up yet, but hopefully will be rigged up sooner rather than later

Bainesy36

Post by Bainesy36 »

Hey Guys,

We could certainly do something after Christmas. I'd be happy to host something.

I saw you racing the Porsche Cup car yesterday Jake and I've done a few races in it myself this week too. It's a lot of fun!! Gonna be my car of choice for a while I think. I also sent you a Friend Request in iRacing if you want to accept it ;)

JakeThompson

Post by JakeThompson »

I need some tips Nige! Im brutal at this lol. Still pretty new but seem to have hit a bit of a wall somewhere around 1-2 sec off the pace. Ive experimented lots in practice but cant seem to find anymore pace. I've also tested car setups, different FOV settings and different FFB settings.

Do you have a load cell pedal setup? I feel like I could gain something in braking maybe if I upgraded the pedals (currently have just the stock DFGT pedals).

Bainesy36

Post by Bainesy36 »

Hey Jake,

We should set up a time to get together on the virtual track for sure!

The Porsche is a slightly tricky car to drive, especially with no ABS or TC and your pedals will be holding you back quite a bit I would think. A friend of mine had the DFGT set-up and the pedals are terrible! I remember wrapping a bungee around the brake pedal to at least give it some resistance! lol. I have an old, beat up G27 still and have modified the springs in all 3 pedals, but they are not even close to a Load Cell brake set-up. I've had my G27 for about 6 years and it has a lot of hours on it from my first 4 years of Gran Turismo/iRacing and I'm currently looking to replace the whole set-up, but don't want to break the bank either.

You can shoot me a text at 403-863-8529 if you want to try and hook up online one night. Do you have a headset with Microphone?

JakeThompson

Post by JakeThompson »

Im at 403.629.2945, feel free to shoot me a text (ill be gone over the Holidays but maybe we can race in the new year). No headset unfortunately.

Do you actually use the clutch with any of the cars? I think a proper GT car is a paddle shifter anyway these days, but i'm wondering if in the sim there is some advantage to using the clutch?