2015 DD2.. Anyone racing??

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
Willoughby
First Name: Justin
Last Name: Willoughby
City/Town: Calgary

2015 DD2.. Anyone racing??

Post by Willoughby »

Hi Guys, I am just putting a feeler out as to who will be racing DD2 this season. I am getting back into karting after a very long time and I purchased a DD2 here in the fall. I know from talking to some people that it has lost some interest around these parts but I have also found out Edmonton is going to have a strong DD2 presents this year (10ish). I'm hoping more people will see the same appeal I have in the DD2 platform. As well as it seems it is gaining some steam in other regions of North America! Anyhow just looking to see who is all out there!

Cheers,
Justin

Gerhard8020
First Name: Gerhard
Last Name: Roets
City/Town: Cochrane

Re: 2015 DD2.. Anyone racing??

Post by Gerhard8020 »

Hi Justin, I'll be there in my DD2.

Gerhard

dkrumes
First Name: Dean
Last Name: Krumes

Post by dkrumes »

Hi Justin/Gerhard,

I am seriously considering racing my DD2 this year.

I will be a rookie.

Thank you

Dean

SteveO
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Orton

Post by SteveO »

Throw in Steve Armstrong, Chris George & Garrett Smith and you guys have your own class!

It wasn't that long ago that the Rotax Masters started with 6 drivers, and look where it's gone.
Great to see the growth in this class!
Stephen Orton

Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer

Post by Fred »

Just to be clear you have to average 6 drivers throughout the year at all races (usually takes around 10 karts) to claim yourself as a stand alone class. Very possible this year I believe.

Willoughby
First Name: Justin
Last Name: Willoughby

Post by Willoughby »

I am glad to hear there will at least be a few Karts out there. I actually purchased Both Garrett's CRG and Chris's Arrow DD2's this fall as I believe they are running a stock honda`s for for 2015. I have the engine at overdrive getting a full rebuild with the new EVO goodies. If anyone knows someone that`s interested in a DD2 I will be selling the Arrow here in the spring (if my friends decides not to buy it). I also believe Joey has a PCR DD2 that he is selling at a good price as well. We just need to get a few more people on board!

SteveO
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Orton

Post by SteveO »

Sheesh, Chris & Garrett change their minds more often than a stop-light! :roll:

It'll be interesting to see what they show up with for the first race.
Stephen Orton

Rob Kozakowski
First Name: Rob
Last Name: Kozakowski
City/Town: Edmonton, AB

Post by Rob Kozakowski »

There is a decent group of (about 15) DD2's racing with the EDKRA, however they run a Wednesday evening program, and it's very rare that they run the "standard" weekend events. Most of these guys are the ones who ran a similar weeknight racing program at Stratotech before that facility closed down.

They're a great bunch of guys, and if you check out the EDKRA facebook page, you can get in touch with them. I'm sure you'd have a lot of fun if you were able to take in one of their (near-)weekly events.

Also the Canadian Rotax Summer Challenge at the end of July / start of August in Warburg might be offering some great prizes to the DD2 classes, so I'd expect a real good turnout for that event.

Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer

Post by Fred »

Remember all rookies have to complete the rookie school and be passed fit to race by either John Kwong or myself .. you will also be required to clock up 200 practice laps and be able to do a standing start.