Mouse-over a date for more information. Click on it for even more.
Registration link is CKRC Driver Development Program Registration Aug 6-8, 2019
We will be operating a 3 day Driver Development Program at North Star Raceway August 6,7 & 8 (Tuesday – Thursday)
This program will operate 9AM – 4PM daily, with a short break for lunch.
- Designed to help new and developing drivers increase their confidence and speed.
- Technical driving sessions in class and on the track. Lead follow, proper braking, apex orientation, vision etc….
- Technical sessions on karts set-up and maintenance. Get the most out of your chassis and engine.
- Jr divers must have adult parental supervision.
- You must have your own kart and driving equipment.
- Cost is $300.00 for 3 days
- Open to all drivers that belong to a Western Canadian Karting club. – no additional non CKRC fees.
- Open to both Jr and Sr drivers – Briggs engines.
Due to the speed and age differences we cannot incorporate Bambino (Kid) karts into this program.
This program will include a hands-on technical session for parents conducted by Junior Dad Gil Altamirano. Gil will run through the fundamentals of kart preparation with information that most newcomers to the sport will find very useful.
The most benefit would be for the newer drivers, however there will be much information that will be shared that will certainly benefit more experienced drivers too.
This program is open to licensed drivers from outside Calgary as well. We will operate this program in the counter clockwise direction.
Races are held approximately every 3 weeks from May to October. Races are typically one day events, held on Sundays, with drivers meeting commencing at 9:00 AM.
For better competition, some classes are combined to create larger racing fields.
Sprint races typically last 10-15 minutes each, with each class holding 1 practice session, 1 qualifying session and 2 races at each race day event.
Events are usually run rain or shine. In the event of rain, karts are fitted with wet race tires and drivers outfitted with durable rain gear.
2019 Race Schedule
The 2019 schedule includes 13 races in the CKRC Championship, plus the season ending Enduro race.
Once again we are pleased to be a part of the Alberta Shoot-Out (ABSO), a 4 race series with our sister club from Edmonton (EDKRA).
|Race 1 – Postponed to Aug 10||May 5|
|Race 2 – ABSO CKRC||May 25||CCW|
|Race 3 – ABSO CKRC||May 26||CCW|
|Race 4||Jun 9||CCW|
|Race 5||Jun 22||CW|
|Race 6||Jun 23||CW|
|Race 7||Jul 7||CW|
|Race 8||Jul 20||CW|
|Race 9||Jul 21||CW|
|Race 1 – Re-scheduled||Aug 10||CCW|
|Race 10||Aug 11||CCW|
|Race 11 – ABSO EDKRA||Sep 7||EDKRA|
|Race 12 – ABSO EDKRA||Sep 8||EDKRA|
|Race 13||Sep 15||CCW|
|Rain Date 2||Oct 6||TBD|
Typical Race Day Schedule
- 8:00 Gates Open
- 8:30 Check-in
- 9:00 Drivers Meeting
- 9:30 Morning Warm-up (5 minutes per group)
- 10:30 Qualifying (6 minutes per group)
- 12:00 Lunch Break
- 12:45 Pre-Finals (10 laps) **
- 3:00 Finals (12 laps)
** Times are subject to change. Some Pre-Finals may occur before lunch break if time allows.