Rotax Masters invading Warburg for the 2016 Alberta Shootout

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
SteveO
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Orton
City/Town: Calgary

Rotax Masters invading Warburg for the 2016 Alberta Shootout

Post by SteveO »

Thanks to Mario for pushing our lazy butts, a large group of Rotax Masters drivers are set to invade Warburg and challenge our friends up north. We currently have 7 confirmed, and Ashley is playing hard to get.
We will attempt to all pit together, and will be sequestered in the Hampton Inn & Suites in Leduc.
If you can make it, please join us as we didn't make a good showing last year, and need to make up for it this year!

Attendees:
Mario Gimenez
Lonnie Ganz
Steve Orton + spouse
Peter Sammon + spouse
Reinaldo Varela + spouse + daughter
Brendon Sanguinetti + spouse + kids
Ray Lord + spouse OUT just became a Grandparent-Congratulations Ray!!
Ashley - come on slowpoke!

It's going to be a great weekend! If you need more info, please PM me and I can fill you in on any further details.
Last edited by SteveO on Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stephen Orton

Rob Kozakowski
First Name: Rob
Last Name: Kozakowski
City/Town: Edmonton, AB

Re: Rotax Masters invading Warburg for the 2016 Alberta Shoo

Post by Rob Kozakowski »

That's great, guys...

It'll be awesome if we can get 20+ in Rotax Masters!

Rob Kozakowski
First Name: Rob
Last Name: Kozakowski
City/Town: Edmonton, AB

Post by Rob Kozakowski »

And I'm happy to share some advice...

For gearing, in Masters most of the faster guys should be about 12/81 or 12/82... it might be beneficial to run an 83 on the back if you can avoid bottoming out... some guys run an 11 tooth front...

Tire pressures might be a few psi lower than some have been known to run in Strathmore... although as a group, we seem to be all over the map, so you'll have to use a little trial and error to find what you (and your specific kart setup) like!

Jetting... I personally ran a 128 main jet for the first race weekend... I think I was richer than most, but it didn't work too bad.

And don't be shy about dropping by at the end of the day... most of us older guys like to hang out and have a beer (or 2 or 3 or... more) together once the racing's done.

SteveO

Post by SteveO »

Thanks for the tips Rob!!!

We're all very excited to get up there and race with your group. It would great to see 20 old guys on the grid.
For a number of our group, it will be the first racing road trip, so it should be a blast!
Stephen Orton

red5
First Name: Ashley
Last Name: Hughes

Post by red5 »

Just a quick note to say thanks to everyone who turned up in Warburg. It was a great group, and despite (or perhaps because of) the atrocious weather and let's say 'indifferent' results, it was the most action packed weekend's karting I have ever had.....Fantastic fun.
P.s Steve and Peter, after some of my antics, there can surely no longer be any doubt as to my dumbass credentials!

SteveO

Post by SteveO »

Considering all that we faced, it was a great weekend. How often do you get sun, rain, thunder & lightning plus a tornado?!?!

And yes Ashley, you've actually raised the bar! We'll have to get Dumbass stitched on your race suit!
Stephen Orton