2021 ckrc shifter school

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
Joey Guyon
First Name: Joey
Last Name: Guyon
City/Town: Calgary

2021 ckrc shifter school

Post by Joey Guyon »

Hi All,

I am targeting Friday July 2 2021 as the shifter kart school.

I need some input as to the date, duration and topics that drivers would like to see covered.

Historically we have done 12 noon to 6pm
Track walk
driving session with line drills
driving session with braking drills
standing start practice

We are unsure if Covid regs will allow us to host a meal after, but it would be fun to have a bite and tell racing stories for a bit

Please let me know your thoughts,

Joey

Jen and Don
First Name: Jennifer
Last Name: Cheung
City/Town: Sundre

Re: 2021 ckrc shifter school

Post by Jen and Don »

That's great to hear ! It would sure be appreciated if we can still squeeze this in. Carter is not the only newbie next season by the sounds of it. I thought the shifter school in 2019 was very informative. I know it wasn't geared towards the DD2 but you had forewarned me of that fact. Carter will now be going into this with a total different outlook.

I wouldn't mind learning a little more about the mechanical aspect of the karts. What tire choice's there are for shifter, why some are used over others as I know it's pretty much open class. It was great that you explained about brake bias during the last session. Stuff like that is great to learn before you get too far into the season. Tire pressures, things to watch for before they break, any hints for us newbies.

Next season can't come soon enough! Regards, Don

phil
First Name: phil
Last Name: haggerty
City/Town: high river

Post by phil »

I'm in! Teach me everything in six hours! If there could be a quick discussion on Mychron data, that would be helpful. I haven't looked at any data from a shifter, but I assume there would be a few key differences (gearing, brake bias, etc)

Phil

Mark
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Hillier

Post by Mark »

I've put the date in my calendar.

Please add shift points to the list !
Mark Hillier #44 VLR Senior, Shifter

Joey Guyon

Post by Joey Guyon »

Hi Guys,

Slight date change to Wednesday June 30 in order to have more track time and enjoy a few days of Canada day celebration afterwards :D

Thanks for the feedback all. I will take the feedback and add it to the plan for sure 8-)

Joey

Jen and Don
First Name: Jennifer
Last Name: Cheung
City/Town: Sundre

Post by Jen and Don »

Can't come soon enough! Don

Joey Guyon

Post by Joey Guyon »

We would like to invite you to the shifter kart school on Wednesday June 30 at 12 noon until the drivers last!

Topics covered will be:
Racing line
Braking zone
Throttle application
Kart function
Gearing

Please register on Motorsportsreg.com to join us!