Double header weekend Sept 15/16

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
axle182
First Name: Aaron
Last Name: Freind
City/Town: Calgary

Double header weekend Sept 15/16

Post by axle182 »

Who is racing? I cant make it Saturday but im a definite for Sunday. Hoping to see a few shifters out there.

Edit - Ill be there for both days, I might have someone else running another shifter also.
Last edited by axle182 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

axle182

Re: Double header this weekend Sept 8/9

Post by axle182 »

ready to go
Attachments
IMG_0649.jpg
IMG_0649.jpg (2.86 MiB) Viewed 13063 times

Mark
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Hillier

Post by Mark »

Check the schedule -you'll find the double header is NEXT weekend (15th & 16th).

Kart looks good; waaaay too clean though -you need some race dirt on it :mrgreen:
Mark Hillier #44 VLR Senior, Shifter

axle182

Post by axle182 »

Silly Fucile told me it was this weekend. Good thing though, i can race both days 15th and 16th...

nils joergensen
First Name: Nils
Last Name: Joergensen

Re: Double header weekend Sept 15/16

Post by nils joergensen »

Glad you can make it. I'll be there both days too. Hoping for a decent ICC turnout!

Nils

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong

Post by John Kwong »

Looks like I am going to be able to join you guys this weekend. I sent Mike Schofield an email to see if his son will race. Anyone have Graham's email to see if he wants to blow the dust off his machine?

Racers so far for this weekend:

1. Nils J
2. Terry F
3. Aaron F
4. John K
5. Ben Y
6. Iain M
7. ?
Last edited by John Kwong on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

nils joergensen
First Name: Nils
Last Name: Joergensen

Post by nils joergensen »

I've emailed Graham, Iain, Alex and Markus to see if they'll race shifter class. Not sure if Austin, Tyler or Chris Simon can make it ... I don't have their contact info. I'll update here if I hear anything.

Nils

Graham is trying to reschedule work to make it to the race(s). Markus might bring his Aixro.
Last edited by nils joergensen on Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John Kwong

Post by John Kwong »

Looking through the shifter championship standings the last 2 seasons shows a few more names that could possibly come out. Anyone have contact info for:
Derek Patterson
Steven Hill

John K
www.johnkwong.ca

Nathan B
First Name: Nathan
Last Name: Bartley

Post by Nathan B »

I borrowed a shifter for this weekend... It has a 150 Pavasi engine I believe, I will be out friday to test and tune the old girl so if any of you guys know about these engines it could be a big help.

What should I be looking at for tires on this thing? I have a 1 race old set of D2's I could use.

Nathan

John Kwong

Post by John Kwong »

Hi Nathan,

That Pavesi engine is probably a 125cc. Is it a reed or rotary intake motor? If it is an older Rotary(carb on side of motor) or an older Reed motor(carb on front) it will have the larger 39mm carburator which uses I believe a 190 jet. If it is a newer reed, then it will be an ICC engine with the 30mm carb and jetting is about 135 on that. Fuel mix should be about 20:1 or 6 oz to U.S. Gallon or 177.4 ml/3.78L or 46.94 ml/L.

Transmission uses Motul Tranny fluid. There is a site glass on the back to show fluid level if no one knows the exact amount to put in.

Burp the radiator when you fill it to avoid air pockets in the system. Tilt kart on side while on kart stand with radiator at highest point. Remove radiator cap. Turn the rear wheels to circulate water through the water pump until you hear the air bubbles gurgle to the radiator opening.

D2's will be a challenge to drive on. Better tires would be Vega Blues or Whites, MG Yellows or Greens, Bridgestone YJB's or YKB's and possibly Maxxis which I have never tried.

John K
www.johnkwong.ca