2013 Season

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer
City/Town: Calgary

Re: 2013 Season

Post by Fred »

Yes you can race a shifter straight off. You have to have completed the rookie school (just passed this weekend) and you have to undertake a driving evaluation by either Myself or John Kwong. Apart from tires it can be as economical as Rotax with the ability to service your engine yourself etc etc .

Jwoolsey
First Name: Justin
Last Name: Woolsey

Post by Jwoolsey »

Hi Gang,

I am new to the club this year and wanted to introduce myself. Joey is just finishing up a Stock Honda for me and I am very much looking forward to getting out and meeting everyone. I have not raced since 2009 and am hoping to be back up to speed with the rest of you a few races in.

I understand that all new club members are required to take the rookie course which I unfortunately had to miss as I was out of the country on business. Does anyone know how I can make arrangements to make this up?

Cheers,

Justin

samk
First Name: Sam
Last Name: Kozma
City/Town: Airdrie

Post by samk »

Your best bet is to contact Fred ([email protected]).

TomBo
First Name: Tom
Last Name: Lynch

Post by TomBo »

Well after my false start in to karting last year. I'm gong to make a effort to get out more this season. Not sure how much racing I'll get in. Really looking forward to some track time!

Jwoolsey

Post by Jwoolsey »

Hey Gang,

I will def be racing on June 9th and it looks as though Austin King will be as well. How many people can we round up to join us?

JW

Joey Guyon
First Name: Joey
Last Name: Guyon

Post by Joey Guyon »

THE BOYS RAN WITHOUT CHICANE THIS WEEKEND. TIME TO HAVE SOME FUN THIS SEASON!!!

stevea
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Armstrong

Post by stevea »

Joey Guyon wrote:THE BOYS RAN WITHOUT CHICANE THIS WEEKEND. TIME TO HAVE SOME FUN THIS SEASON!!!
Terry, Nils and myself (in a DD2) were out there racing on Sunday and yes we did not have to run the chicane, which I thought was kind of fun not having to do. It sort of messes up my lap times from T&Ts where I have to run them. But it was still nice not having to do them in the race.

Some how I feel like I gamed the system with this podium I took yesterday. We need more Shifters to come out. Terry and Nils have always been there. But I also told them I would start coming out. So there are three of us. If we can get a few more Shifters and a few more DD2s to come out, we could actually start slicing and dicing and giving the crowds something to watch.

Jwoolsey

Post by Jwoolsey »

Aug 11 is looking good for me!
Joey, you have any idea if Austin will be in town for that wknd?