Double header weekend Sept 15/16

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
Nathan B
First Name: Nathan
Last Name: Bartley
City/Town: Calgary

Re: Double header weekend Sept 15/16

Post by Nathan B »

John,

You are right it is a 125cc Pavesi, carb on the side. We don't have any jets/spares for it, so hopefully they can get through a weekend without a lot of tinkering.

For the tires, I think Joey had a used set of D3's I could grab. Do you have a used set of the vegas or Mg's you would sell?

axle182
First Name: Aaron
Last Name: Freind

Post by axle182 »

Im trying the Maxxis this weekend. Scrubbed them in last night. Grip level wasnt bad, but the track was really cold so not a good test bed. It'll be interesting this weekend. I have a used set of D2 and D2/D3 (dont ask...) ready to go too.

Looks like we have a great field of Shifters. Is everyone running on both days? If not, post up which day your coming. Im not 100% sure i can make both so id like to choose the day we have the most karts.

Nathan, Joey is also getting some more VP this week also.

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong

Post by John Kwong »

Nathan,

I only have one set of used MG's left and I am using them. The D3's should be okay. I also have lots of carb tuning parts but the only big jets are a 195 and 188 jet. The shifter carbs are much less sensitive to changes than the Rotax carbs and can be tuned by changing the clip setting. If the kart has run here before, then the jetting in it is probably close.

I spoke with Mike Henderson and he said he will drive his kart Thursday evening and make a decision for the weekend whether he will come out and run.

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

John Kwong

Post by John Kwong »

So to update the list of shifter racers for this weekend:

1. Nils J
2. Terry F
3. Aaron F
4. John K
5. Ben Y
6. Iain M
7. Nathan
8. ?
www.johnkwong.ca

John Kwong

Post by John Kwong »

Aaron,

I am in for both days. Sundays usually have more racers because some people have to work Saturdays.

John K
www.johnkwong.ca

axle182
First Name: Aaron
Last Name: Freind

Post by axle182 »

Ok ill be there Sunday then. Cheers