Alberta Shoot-Out

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
Gerhard8020
First Name: Gerhard
Last Name: Roets
City/Town: Cochrane

Re: Alberta Shoot-Out

Post by Gerhard8020 »

I'm in for Saturday - Interpid/TM

Gerhard Roets

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong
City/Town: Calgary

Post by John Kwong »

That was fantastic! The pics of the grid being full of shifters and that first start with the lights was awesome. The ASN starting lines being parallel and slightly closer together, I think is a little problematic. Jake showed us why he is a former National Shifter champion by taking Pole, PF and Final.

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

Bainesy36
First Name: Nigel
Last Name: Baines

Post by Bainesy36 »

That was awesome guys!

Great run by Jake and all the guys out there too. Grid was definitely a bit tight and I've shared a clip of the pre-final start in the other thread showing John and Brian trying to take the same space!

Next year is gonna be epic! :D

Nathan B
First Name: Nathan
Last Name: Bartley

Post by Nathan B »

Yep, starting under the lights was definitely an F1 fantasy come to life. Awesome turn out and racing by all this weekend. I think the shifters put on a great show and we got away relatively cleanly for 17 karts and a new start sequence.

Gonna be fun next year.

RoyW
First Name: Roy
Last Name: White

Post by RoyW »

It was very exciting to watch. I must admit I'm not a fan of the ASN spacing for safety reasons. I prefer the old staggered grid placement. Especially since the pole position has a disadvantage due to that side of the track not having the same grip level as the off poll; probably due to very little traffic ever on the inside of the track for any prior races.

If we can change back to staggered grid and a little longer spacing then the escape root for crashes would be more assured.

Thank-you to everyone who participated in the race. The excitement level for the crowd and the other racers was definitely amp'd up for this week end. Here's to hoping that Alberta can produce the best Shifter Driver's in North America!
Roy White

RoyW
First Name: Roy
Last Name: White

Post by RoyW »

Hello Shifter Drivers..... Evan and I are wondering if there is enough interest in getting 20+ shifters to show up for the Shootout next week end. Weather forecast is favourable and hearing 20+ shifters starting all a once is like a roar of power.. Does someone want to start the roll call?
Roy White

phil
First Name: phil
Last Name: haggerty
City/Town: high river

Post by phil »

Alan is in

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong