Sr. 4-Stroke Class Meeting

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
wilsondolan

Sr. 4-Stroke Class Meeting

Post by wilsondolan »

Hey Guys,

I am pleased to tell you that I will be your class Rep for the 2012 Race Season!

After tonights AGM it has been decided by the club that for the 2012 season we will be running the Briggs LO206 exclusively for the Sr. 4 Stroke Championship. It was also decided that any previous motor that had been run in the class over the past few years can still be run, but with no points towards the Sr. 4 Stroke Championship.

I would like to hold meeting to finalize the 2012 rules of our class some time in the not too distant future, but realize that December is a busy month for everyone. So... How does a meeting sometime in early January sound to you guys?

Best regards,

Wilson Dolan

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong
City/Town: Calgary

Re: Sr. 4-Stroke Class Meeting

Post by John Kwong »

Wilson,

Good to see you step up as class rep.
Now that we have the engine transition year behind us, hopefully the class will continue to grow and we will see regular grids of 15+ karts.

Any thoughts on an agenda for that meeting in early January?

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

wilsondolan

Post by wilsondolan »

So far just:

Possibility of the Light/Heavy classes.
Exact weights for those classes
Possibility of a more clear tire rule (maybe even a spec tire)

Overall trying to align the rules of our class to that of either WCC of ASN rules to ensure continuity between clubs, events, so on and so forth.

Any other thoughts?

Wilson

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong
City/Town: Calgary

Post by John Kwong »

Possibility of the Light/Heavy classes.
Exact weights for those classes
Possibility of a more clear tire rule (maybe even a spec tire)

Overall trying to align the rules of our class to that of either WCC of ASN rules to ensure continuity between clubs, events, so on and so forth.
8-)

I think most competitors were using the Mojo's by the end of the year. Even though they are not the ASN & WCC mandated 6.0" Bridgestones, you can't beat the availabillity of free tires. The MOJO's lasted a long time and didn't seem to fall off in performance either. More than likely, though, SRA will continue with the Bridgestone 6.0" tire.

I am lobbying on the ekartingnews.ca forum to change the 4-cycle rear width rule from 50" to 53". This will do 2 things: 1. Won't have to cut axle to make 50" rule.
2. Normal sized rear bumper can be used which I think most were using anyway and disregarding the 50" rule.

Anyway the link for this can be found here: http://www.ekartingnews.ca/viewtopic.php?t=2101

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

wilsondolan

Post by wilsondolan »

You make a valid point John.
We can scratch that from the list. I wouldn't want to open a big can of worms!

Wilson