Briggs and Stratton Canada for racing

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
Rich B
First Name: Rich
Last Name: Boisvert
City/Town: Strathmore

Briggs and Stratton Canada for racing

Post by Rich B »

Hello, I am new to karting and am in the process of looking for and purchasing a new/ used kart for 4 stroke racing. One unit I am interested is new from the USA and is a complete package with the Briggs and Stratton lo206. Will the fact that the engine was produced in the USA and thus have USA stamps on the engine vs Canada impact my ability to compete in races? According to the rules I have read the engine must bear Canada stamps, but if USA stamps are acceptable there is a cost savings for me.

Thanks

Rich

De Tomaso
First Name: Markus
Last Name: Kottmann
City/Town: Calgary

Re: Briggs and Stratton Canada for racing

Post by De Tomaso »

Hi Rich ,
I have a very nice 2014/15 Tony Kart witch I am not using as I hat Back Surgery last December . I also have a 2015 LO206 from Black Racing .

Markus # 88 403 899 62 52

phil
First Name: phil
Last Name: haggerty
City/Town: high river

Re: Briggs and Stratton Canada for racing

Post by phil »

Hi Rich,

I don't know the official answer to the question, but I would assume it would not be allowed. Briggs does offer the clubs and competitors some prize packages, which I believe are from Briggs Canada.There is also a question of warranty if you have an issue with the US engine. There would be no problem with you competing, but you could very well face a DQ at the end. There are many kart dealers in Alberta, and Canada, so I am unsure why you would not support them? There are also many used karts available locally, with a known history, and no border hassles.

Phil