Meeting

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
De Tomaso
First Name: Markus
Last Name: Kottmann
City/Town: Calgary

Meeting

Post by De Tomaso »

There will be a short meeting to confirm the changes for the 2017 Saison .

We will meet Saturday September 10. at Race # 10 after Lunch by the BBQ Shelter .

Markus
Class rep. Senior 4 Stroke

Mark
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Hillier

Re: Meeting

Post by Mark »

What changes ?
Mark Hillier #44 VLR Senior, Shifter

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong

Post by John Kwong »

Class weight will be adjusted to the same as the ASN National weight at 340 lbs. minimum. I can't remember if there was something else too.

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

DaveC
First Name: Dave
Last Name: Cameron

Post by DaveC »

Tires ... spec to D2 ... excellent write-up of last meeting is at ... viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2642&sid=bb962c71d ... 2b5f#p7441.
Dave Cameron
Briggs Masters #12

De Tomaso
First Name: Markus
Last Name: Kottmann

Post by De Tomaso »

yes , that is all . 340 lbs and Moto D2 .

If everyone is good with that there is no need for a meeting and we all can spend more time eating Burgers and Brats .

Markus

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong

Post by John Kwong »

Just as an Addendum to the class rule changes for 2017.
1. Weight change to 340 lbs for Briggs Senior Light.
2. Vega Tires: With the shake-up of the Mojo tire supply for 2017, Vega will pretty much be the tire of choice for CKRC classes. Whether we continue to stay as an Open tire designated class would probably be do-able as the Vega Tire is pretty optimum as a choice for a tire and has already been tested to be about 1.5 seconds faster than the Mojo D2. With that being said, wanting to use the same tire for the Alberta Shoot-Out rounds will probably be the Vega tire.

Thoughts?

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

DaveC
First Name: Dave
Last Name: Cameron

Post by DaveC »

Thoughts from me ...

1. 340 & 375 ... yes

2. The Vega is likely a default choice due to its supply and reported performance advantage. The only question remaining (I think) the 6.5 or 7.1 inch rear tire width. The dealers have recommended the 6.5 inch rear, we (club or class) have not discussed this as far as I know. I would personally prefer to continue to use the take-offs from the Rotax classes as opposed to being forced to buy new tires (especially as mush as I T&T), but an open rule would cover this. I'd support the open rule remaining the same for 2017. As far as the AB Shoot-Out, an open or spec rule in Calgary would not really make any difference, if the Vega performs as reported it will be the tire on every kart (like the D2 was in 2016).

We've also not discussed the wet tire ... I'd personally like to avoid buying another set of new tires to start the season ... if the Vega wets are as good as everyone says, just leaving the rule as 'open' lets those with W2's use them up, and those serious about podiums buy new tires.
Dave Cameron
Briggs Masters #12

Mark
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Hillier

Post by Mark »

I'm ok with 340 -less lead for me !

I too am concerned with the switch from 7" to 6". This needs to be discussed and decided pronto as many (most?) don't have 6" rims....

I think most people will say "Let me drive the 6" and compare to the 7" and then decide". Of course by the time that is possible, it's pretty much too late.
Mark Hillier #44 VLR Senior, Shifter

Joey Guyon
First Name: Joey
Last Name: Guyon

Post by Joey Guyon »

Hi Guys,

Good discussion and vocalization of concerns.

In regards to the rear rim width and tire width for the SR Briggs, I don't believe we NEED to have just 1 option. We do need however a guideline or suggestion for guys like me who sell new karts to people or karts to new people ;) for example, I think I should outfit all new karts with 180 rims and 6.5" rear tires.

Now, we can word our regulations allowing:
6.5 tires on 180 rims
6.5 tires on 210 rims (there would be some Tony Illing wordiness saying as per ASN which would mean from 180mm to 214 and anywhere in between as per ASN @ 55")
7.1 tires on 180 rims
7.1 tires on 210 rims

This would allow multiple solutions, of which the most important would be:
Not being forced to be new rims
Being able to use Rotax Take offs

I think the direction however should be the 6.5/180 route, which is already what the J2 karts would be outfitted with. That way if there was to be "a big race" in Western Canada, it would be no surprise when 6.5's were the spec tire

Thoughts?

Regards,

Joey Guyon

Team 75
First Name: Wendell
Last Name: Dunning
City/Town: Edmonton

Post by Team 75 »

Hi Joey
Could you test all the different combinations and report back to us
Thanks