LO206 class parts

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
MHaddon
First Name: Michael
Last Name: Haddon
City/Town: Calgary

LO206 class parts

Post by MHaddon »

Hello,

New this year,

Just a few questions about parts that everyone uses or what can be used for the LO206 class.

Fuel filters, air filters.

And there is a line that goes up from the fuel tank towards the steering wheel, I see other people with a plastic container, my line is open, what is this container used for?

Thanks

Jackmazury
First Name: Jack
Last Name: Mazury

Re: LO206 class parts

Post by Jackmazury »

Most people use a rotax fuel filter it seems, the air filter is a spec item that comes from briggs and Stratton. That other line is just a vent for your tank, ideally it would be hooked up to a catch can to catch any splash coming out of the tank.
Shifter #30

Class Representative

MHaddon

Post by MHaddon »

Thanks jack

Will get a couple filters, catch can for the fuel tank breather, does it need holes in the top like the lower catch can

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong

Post by John Kwong »

Yes, the catch can needs a small vent hole.

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

MHaddon

Post by MHaddon »

Thanks John,

I figured as much, I know positive pressure effects the lower, but would make sense the the upper should breathe as well.