FROM CLASS REP- 4-Stroke Rules Conformation

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
wilsondolan

FROM CLASS REP- 4-Stroke Rules Conformation

Post by wilsondolan »

Hi everyone,
Markus has asked us to post what was decided upon at the last Sr. 4-Stroke Meeting:

[
Hi everyone,

sorry for the delay of the update from the meeting from March 12

Confirmation : Clone 350lbs need to supply rules / reg.
LO206 350lbs LO206 2011 Regulations
Animal (stock) 350lbs as per existing Regulation Clutch Noram GE Pipe RLV 5507
Animal Modifit 375lbs WKA Regulation

Tires : No softer than Mojo D2
Raintires: Open

Gasoline: Premium from Flying J highest Number (20)

No Tech inspection

We will have stickers for your weight class, they need to be placed on top of your Front panel

All these regulations are for the 2011 only

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong
City/Town: Calgary

Re: FROM CLASS REP- 4-Stroke Rules Conformation

Post by John Kwong »

I have forwarded the clone rules package and the WKA Stock Rules that Terry had given to me to Mark. They are to be put on the club website's rules and regs section.

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

Tony
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Illing
City/Town: calgary

Post by Tony »

I don't recall any agreement/decision that there would be no tech inspection - I do remember many people saying that they were not interested in protesting or tech inspections.
I may be in a minority but I believe that it is important to know that all competitors are staying within the rules - we are running engines in the 7 - 9 horseower range - with readily attainable bolt on parts that will easily produce 12 to 15 horspower.
Knowing that everyone are working within the rules gives the class credibility -

John Kwong

Post by John Kwong »

I agree with Tony. I don't think there is any point in having tech rules in place if there isn't some kind of enforcement to back them up.

John K
www.johnkwong.ca

Tony
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Illing
City/Town: calgary

Post by Tony »

Plus re-reading the post from Markus I don't understand the rules regarding the Stock Animal.
We had a long discussion regarding the fact that the "existing" rules (2010 CKRC supplemental rules) were untraceable (the webpage posted is no longer available) and in fact allow that engine at 350 lbs more powerful than the machined to WKA specs version at 375.

I believe the decision was to allow an umodified/blueprinted Animal to be run at 350 lbs, and a machined / blueprinted one to be run at 375 minimum weight. Both engines would be under the WKA regulations - as these and the identical IKF ones are the only ones available. Further it was up to the driver to state whether they were running a modified /blueprinted or box stock engine.

No one expressed any interest in teching these engines - although no vote was taken on the issue, Personally I have no interest in teching engines unless an obvious discrepancy in power becomes apparent - at which point it is important to me that I have the oppourtunity to prove to myself that I am being beaten by superior driving talent and kart set up rather than by an illegal engine making more power than is allowed.

John Kwong

Post by John Kwong »

Hi Tony,

+1 again to what you added onto.

The clone regs and the WKA regs have been forwarded to Mark H to post on this site and will be available here hopefully before the season starts. I am attaching below the scanned WKA pages and another copy of the clone rules.

<Administrator's Message: Attachment removed ! All rules can be found on the Rules & Regulations page and in the interest of making sure there's only ONE ruleset floating around, we can't have them posted on the forums. You should ONLY use rules downloaded from the Rules & Regs page and nowhere else !!!!>

Clone rules:

-stock means: the parts that the engine came with. The motors are so cheap that it doesn't make sense to re-build them.
-remove engine mounted gas tank and run floor mounted tank with any fuel pump pulse fed from valve cover or crankcase side cover.
-stock carb with original bore no go size (0.615") venturi and (0.751") rear bore size. Any main jet size, any pilot jet size, GX140 emulsion tube allowed or stock
-all stock unmodified gaskets and spacers must be used to install carburator
-Head gasket is non-tech
-Combustion chamber volume: Minimum 27.5cc
-no decking or machining of any surface
-stock valves and keepers with G200 valve springs (part # 14751-883-000)
-Stock Camshaft (no CL-1 or CL-1M)
Maximum running lift: on Exhaust is 0.242" taken on valve spring retainer with zero lash.
Maximum Exhaust lift: on cam .232" taken at the pushrod.
Maximum Running Lift: on Intake is 0.238" taken on valve spring retainer taken on valve spring retainer with zero lash.
Maximum Intake lift: on cam .225" taken at the pushrod.
Maximum Duration check for Intake and Exhaust lobes (taken off pushrod). Cam lobe base circle diameter .865" -.005"/+.010". (All checks will allow +2 degrees for wear and gauge variances.)
Exhaust duration of 221.5" degrees at .050" lift/96.5 degrees at .200" lift.
Intake duration of 218.5 degrees at .050" lift/85.5 degrees at .200 lift".
-remove governor and low oil sensor
-stock flywheel with or without a key and timing is open
-any aftermarket carb cup and filter
-Canada Senior pipe dimensions Must be single stage maximum outside diameter of the header tubing throughout the entire length shall be 0.925” MINIMUM – 1.005” MAXIMUM with two exceptions:
The bend area where the diameter shall be 0.900” MINIMUM – 1.050” MAXIMUM. Within the thickness of the flange.
The length of the header shall be 8.000” min. – 12.000” maximum, not including the silencer.
Measurement to be taken with a 1/4” (6 mm) maximum width cloth tape measure.
-dry shoe clutch, no disc clutches
-spark plug and cap is open
-any kind of throttle assembly and top plate as long as there is a safe and effective throttle return mechanism.
-engine mounted chain guard mandatory
-pipe wrap mandatory
-regular unleaded gas from club set spec gas station and pump
-maximum chassis width 55"
Unless mentioned otherwise, only stock clone components purchased with the engine can be used.
www.johnkwong.ca

John Kwong

Post by John Kwong »

Markus' stock engine at 350 lbs against Denny's Mod engine at 375 lbs was very equal and the MyLaps data bears this out.

John K
www.johnkwong.ca