the first race as a combined group

Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong
City/Town: Calgary

the first race as a combined group

Post by John Kwong »

As usual, a hectic first raceday. I didn't get much chance to talk to any of the fellow 4 cyclers but I think we had a great turnout for our first race as a combined group. All the engine types were represented and the racing was incredibly close. The top four were within a few kart lengths of each other for the whole Final with lots of passing. If this is a sign of things to come we are in for an exciting season. We had eleven entries show up yesterday and there are a bunch that are still getting ready to join in. I spoke with Dave Barlass last night and his son Jack will be joining us with a C200 (Princess Auto clone), Wilson Dolan and his Dad, Blake with Briggs entries, Ian Boddy is rounding up some lead weight to get his entry ready and Tony Illing is assembling his 4 cycle challenger. I am also assisting Mark Hillier and Vito Farina in assembling the parts for their clone builds. I know there are a few others out there in the wings. If you are stuck and are having trouble getting your kart together, let me know and I will answer your questions.

John K
[email protected]
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

Mark
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Hillier

Re: the first race as a combined group

Post by Mark »

I caught the final and it certainly looked promising for a multi-motored grid.

If anyone knows of an available 4-stroke chassis someone wants to unload, message me though the board here !
Mark Hillier #44 VLR Senior, Shifter

Maxxxi
First Name: Max
Last Name: Roy
City/Town: Lethbridge

Post by Maxxxi »

If I'm not mistaken John has the chassis he had a clone in last year still in his garage. He had it for sale with a clone in it, but I bought the motor with his Intrepid chassis.

John Kwong

Post by John Kwong »

Hey Max,

That one is going to be sold as a package once I get all the parts to put the latest clone motor purchase together.

John K
www.johnkwong.ca

Maxxxi

Post by Maxxxi »

Well hurry up with that, we need more clone guys at the races. Haha.

Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer

Post by Fred »

If you guys could have tunned in to our radio conversation last Sunday you would have heard " At last a 4 Stroke race worth watching" It was a great race to watch and I hope that this becomes a great class to race in !! who knows I might just give up race directing and come and race again !!
I think that the engine and weight breaks were pretty even so that looks like a winner. Just dont go mad and drift away from the basics ..... again !!!!! it just goes to prove you can get great racing out of a $89 motor !!

Maxxxi

Post by Maxxxi »

Yeah, I had even more fun than expected and was halfway to being competitive with the weights I borrowed.

For the 4000 dollar investment, including kart, trailer, gear, and CKRC membership. I'm already very happy with the one race.

Fred you run the show very well, it'd be very difficult to find a good replacement.

Dave Barlass

Post by Dave Barlass »

Bought the engine for $89, removed oil level switch, fuel tank and governer, put in timing advance key, bolted on the old Honda RLV exhaust, engine mount and fuel pump, and hooked up the throttle. Started first pull :shock: and seems to rev well. A couple of break in sessions and oil changes it will be ready to go.
Took a little over 3 hours. :D

John Kwong

Post by John Kwong »

SWEET!
www.johnkwong.ca