Race day pictures

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
dvelpel
First Name: Dan
Last Name: Velpel
City/Town: Calgary

Race day pictures

Post by dvelpel »

Hey everyone, curious if there are any photographers posting pictures of past race days? All ways seem them around but never see anything posted anywhere. I heard the name Randy but not to sure where he posts them. Any info would be awesome

Dan

pauldeadman
First Name: paul
Last Name: deadman
City/Town: Okotoks

Re: Race day pictures

Post by pauldeadman »

Hi Dan,

Don’t know if you had any replies but Search Randy Kimura in Facebook messenger and ask him for photos. You need to provide your gmail email, kart numbers and classes. He’ll add you to the group album.

Paul

RandyKimura
First Name: Randy
Last Name: Kimura
City/Town: Calgary

Re: Race day pictures

Post by RandyKimura »

I'm the photographer referenced and usually stand near the first corner on the south-east portion of the track. As indicated by Paul I can be reached via Facebook Messenger. I can also be reached via email at [email protected].

Currently I am using Google Photos to host the photos, hence the requirement for a Google based email address. In addition to gmail accounts any email powered by Google can also be used. For example Telus recently switched over to Google and these accounts can be used.

I load the photos based on requests. Indicating the drivers and their race classes helps me identify the photos of interest. I try to insure I get photos of every driver. This is manageable for club races but when the number of competitors increases (e.g. ABSO) it becomes harder to keep track and I may inadvertently get more photos of some drivers than others.

The photos are sized for viewing on a device to 1) save storage space and 2) preserve one's data plan. The photos look okay on a device however printing is probably not very good. Let me know if you want to print something and I can provide a more suitable file.

randy