N49

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
Jen and Don
First Name: Jennifer
Last Name: Cheung
City/Town: Sundre

N49

Post by Jen and Don »

Just want to personally thank the organizers of this weekends event! I, as somewhat of a new driver, was reluctant to enter. I didn't want to be a pylon out there and cause more grief for the experienced drivers. I actually thought about volunteering instead, but I am so glad I raced. Very much needed experience was gained and had so much fun.
Thanks you guys, I only know a few that were a big part of this event and I am sorry if I miss mentioning others personally, But Jack Mazzury , Jake Thompson , John Quan, and Phil Haggerty. Not to mention all the weekend volunteers.! It's a huge undertaking from months ago.
Again, I am sorry if I can't name other individuals that played a big part in this weekend but just know, we are all thankful for your time and effort. Maybe a list of everyone involved was printed from those "in the know" , would allow others to thank them when we see them at the track again.

A very grateful, Don Gibson

JasonL
First Name: Jason
Last Name: Luinenburg
City/Town: Calgary

Re: N49

Post by JasonL »

Yes! A fantastic event. We are also very grateful to the organizers and volunteers. Thanks for all you do.

Jen and Don
First Name: Jennifer
Last Name: Cheung
City/Town: Sundre

Post by Jen and Don »

And how did I forget Steve Orton! So sorry bud. You are a part of everything that is good for this track and club.

vquiring
First Name: Verne
Last Name: Quiring

Post by vquiring »

I would like to echo Don’s message. Last year I volunteered, but wished I had entered the race. Racing this year was a ton of fun!

Also a big thanks to the marshals and other volunteers. All the Trim family smiling faces were greatly appreciated.

And a big thank you to all the sponsors. Relying on my memory and in no particular order:
Phil Haggerty and Snap-On Tools
The Gentleman Pros and Recon Metals
Overdrive Motorsports
StoreWall
My apologies to any sponsors that I have failed to mention.

Verne

Jackmazury
First Name: Jack
Last Name: Mazury

Post by Jackmazury »

Don,

A full list of organizers and contributors as requested.

Organizers: Jake Thomspon, Steve Orton, Phil and Alan Haggerty, Brendon Sanguinetti, Lane Trim, Myself
Key Contributors: John Kwong (MSR), Chad Pasowisty (Waivers and Out of Town), Janine Altamirano (Timing and Scoring Setup), Bryan Marshall amongst others.

A special thanks to our fantastic volunteer group who did an excellent job as well as the executive for their work around this project and making it all come together. Thank you to the Fork and Farm for the meal Saturday and Special Event Rentals for the tables, chairs, and tenting as well as our sponsors.

Looking forward to next year's event. We have had a plethora of feedback which we will be taking into account when planning the 2024 edition. If you have direct feedback please send it to [email protected] and I can pass it along.

Thank you to everyone who attended.

Jack Mazury
Shifter #30

Class Representative