Where do people buy their racing boots????

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
SteveO
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Orton
City/Town: Calgary

Where do people buy their racing boots????

Post by SteveO »

Having properly fitting boots is an important piece of our karting equipment, and since you can't find proper racing boots at SportChek, where do you buy your boots from?

In the past, I've been lucky to find boots at the Puma outlet stores in the US, but if I wanted to buy a different brand, I wouldn't know where to look. Any suggestions?
Stephen Orton

DaveC
First Name: Dave
Last Name: Cameron

Re: Where do people buy their racing boots????

Post by DaveC »

Overdrive Motorsports
Dave Cameron
Briggs Masters #12

allenberg1
First Name: Allen
Last Name: Berg

Post by allenberg1 »

sanguinetti
First Name: Brendon
Last Name: Sanguinetti

Post by sanguinetti »

Jaro51
First Name: Jaro
Last Name: Wardwell

Post by Jaro51 »

https://www.redcamelgear.com/collection ... -race-wear

I ordered a few suits from here and they are decent and come with boots and gloves. Not awesome quality but for the price I think they're decent value. The online order form is a bit lacking (no sizes etc.) but a few emails back and forth and it was all sorted out and I got exactly what I ordered with quick shipping time. Plus you can order some cute tights for your wife/GF and maybe a cell phone cover and some socks and underwear. Quite the random selection of merchandise...

Mark
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Hillier

Post by Mark »

I have bought kids' suits from Red Camel and when you consider how kids treat their suits and how fast they grow, they are good value. That being said, they are made in Pakistan and don't match the european quality.

For example, the boots that came with Alex's suit literally fell apart after 4 races.

So, the suits are reasonable, particularly given the low cost but anything else you get in the package is iffy.
Mark Hillier #44 VLR Senior, Shifter