Need some help

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
Mike O
First Name: Mike
Last Name: Oakley
City/Town: Calgary

Need some help

Post by Mike O »

Hello CKRC.

I was a member briefly back at the old Varsity / Race City track but due to some medical reasons our season was cut short. I have some questions I am hoping some of you might help me with.

1: I want to get my son involved. (13 yrs) His mother is not in his life anymore, do I still require her signature to get him involved? I have court documents proving I am his only guardian.

2: Since I am not 100% sure he is going to get racing this year (mostly looking for practice / seat time) does he need to have full skid suit? Helmet, gloves and neck brace shouldn't be a problem but I just don't want to dump a bunch into a suit right now. What about chest plate?

3: For practice only, can we both use the same cart but have something like a seat insert so he can fit my fat man seat?

4: For practice only, do I need a skid suit? I think I recall seeing some guys in jeans and jacket when I was out last.

5: There was a guy that was part of the admin team that I bought my cart off of, he lived in Airdrie. At the time he had two young boys completing. I owe this guy an engine and would like to square up with him. I think his name was Steve. Hope this rings a bell with someone.

6: I need some tires, prefer used and cheap / free. We are only in a lo206 class so don't need anything crazy, just something to get us back on track.

7: I might be late on this, but does my son need to complete any schools before he can practice? I recall I presented my INEX Legends licence and that passed me, but how does it work for him? He has been to Speeders and is about 1.5sec slower than fast lap so he isn't to bad. I just don't know what the next step is.

I really appreciate you all taking the time to help me out. Thank you.

Mike Oakley

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong

Re: Need some help

Post by John Kwong »

Hi Mike,

I will answer what I can.
1: I want to get my son involved. (13 yrs) His mother is not in his life anymore, do I still require her signature to get him involved? I have court documents proving I am his only guardian.
Not sure.

2: Since I am not 100% sure he is going to get racing this year (mostly looking for practice / seat time) does he need to have full skid suit? Helmet, gloves and neck brace shouldn't be a problem but I just don't want to dump a bunch into a suit right now. What about chest plate?
Yes a suit is recommended but jeans and leather jacket is acceptable. Helmet must meet ASN safety guidelines, no neck brace required, work gloves will work. I believe the chest plate was for 12 years and younger

3: For practice only, can we both use the same cart but have something like a seat insert so he can fit my fat man seat?
Yes, you can do that.

4: For practice only, do I need a skid suit? I think I recall seeing some guys in jeans and jacket when I was out last.
Recommended but jeans and leather jacket will do.

5: There was a guy that was part of the admin team that I bought my cart off of, he lived in Airdrie. At the time he had two young boys completing. I owe this guy an engine and would like to square up with him. I think his name was Steve. Hope this rings a bell with someone.
Might have been Sam Kozma

6: I need some tires, prefer used and cheap / free. We are only in a lo206 class so don't need anything crazy, just something to get us back on track.
There are loads of used tires in landscaping bags at the track available for free. Mostly worn out ones but you have to dig around for the decent tires

7: I might be late on this, but does my son need to complete any schools before he can practice? I recall I presented my INEX Legends licence and that passed me, but how does it work for him? He has been to Speeders and is about 1.5sec slower than fast lap so he isn't to bad. I just don't know what the next step is.
No, but it would have helped. Fred our manager might be able to forward the rookie school information to you.

Speak to our club manager and he can answer any questions you will have about the club and the events that we run such as Test and Tune practice days.

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

Mike O
First Name: Mike
Last Name: Oakley

Post by Mike O »

Hey John, thank you for getting back to me.

For a jacket does it have to be leather? For my boy as well?

Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer

Post by Fred »

Not sure. Yes that is fine as long as you have documentation to the fact

Yes a suit is recommended but jeans and leather jacket is acceptable. Helmet must meet ASN safety guidelines, no neck brace required, work gloves will work. I believe the chest plate was for 12 years and younger .... Correct

Yes, you can do that....... Correct

Recommended but jeans and leather jacket will do..... Correct

Might have been Sam Kozma ... ???? Most probably fits the bill ... He now races at EDKR

There are loads of used tires in landscaping bags at the track available for free. Mostly worn out ones but you have to dig around for the decent tires

7: I might be late on this, but does my son need to complete any schools before he can practice? I recall I presented my INEX Legends licence and that passed me, but how does it work for him? He has been to Speeders and is about 1.5sec slower than fast lap so he isn't to bad. I just don't know what the next step is. E mail [email protected] I will send you Rookie school notes and test he needs to complete.........Note there is no longer a T and T membership only Full membership with the Volunteer hours attached or the day drop in fees.