[REQUEST] Video cameras for testing

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
dvelpel
First Name: Dan
Last Name: Velpel
City/Town: Calgary

[REQUEST] Video cameras for testing

Post by dvelpel »

Morning Everyone!

We have a little project within the CKRC Tech group at looking to see how viable it would be to create "CKRC TV". I've been looking at a platform to do this and we are at the stage that I would like to start a technical trail, once completed and deemed usable/successful we would be looking to do a quick field trial. What we are currently lacking are camera's to test which is one of the most important parts.

Whats Required....

If you happen to have any old Camcorders or GoPro's (HERO4/5) that have HDMI out and functional battery's(+ chargers) lying around that we can test out for a couple months that would be greatly appreciated. If I was able to get around 4 cameras (including at least 1 GoPro) that would be great so we can test transition shots and such. I'll provide a link to compatible devices below.

From a usage and testing standpoint my objective is to return the borrowed cameras in the state that they were given. In the technical trial I would be looking at purely testing out the software with multiple cameras within my house. Once we move to a field trial I would be testing at the track (aiming for early spring, latest by May 27th, cameras would be stationary and most likely setup at the marshal posts to test the wireless coverage and response, if we attain a GoPro for testing I would try putting it on a kart to see how that functions.

Once testing is done we would be returning the cameras to the owners.

Link to compatible camera's https://www.myslingstudio.com/Help/KB/KB-1181.aspx

Thanks
Can contact me via the forums or email
Dan(at)Velpel(dot)ca

Erin
First Name: erin
Last Name: peet
City/Town: calgary

Re: [REQUEST] Video cameras for testing

Post by Erin »

I think we have 1. Let me check with Connor.

dvelpel
First Name: Dan
Last Name: Velpel
City/Town: Calgary

Re: [REQUEST] Video cameras for testing

Post by dvelpel »

Just wanted to bump this to the top.

If you happen to have a camera that we can borrow for testing that would be appreciated. Would be looking for GoPro4/5 or other video cameras with HDMI/MicroHDMI. If we do get a mix of cameras to test, only the GoPro or "action" based cameras would be tested while moving, all others would be stationary. We are planning on doing testing this Monday so if you happen to be at the track this weekend that would be great if we can pick them up then. I wont be able to make Saturday but should be there for Sunday, if your schedules are reverse you can always provide the cameras to another member of the tech group such as Dave Cameron.

Thanks.
Dan