Push Back Bumpers 2019

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer
City/Town: Calgary

Push Back Bumpers 2019

Post by Fred »

This is not intended as a point of a discussion but for 2019 ASN Canada FIA has mandated all karts are to be fitted with the push back bumper. For most Karts after 2005 it should be just a retrofit of the attachment brackets that cost around $35 - $40.
If you wish Overdrive MS to order them for you (they do have a certain number in stock) you will need to call Joey and let him know what type of bodywork you have fitted. ASN have given us a 3 race grace period so after round 2 of the ABSO you will be required to have one fitted to use the track.

Joey does also have a Righetti Ridolfi Nose cone bracket combo for around $140 I think... John Kwong will be retrofitting an older kart so if yours is one such kart I would contact John to see what he is doing.

Please do not just sit on this as Joey may need to order in a large stock and past that May 26th date you will not be allowed track access.

I know someone is going to answer !!

phil
First Name: phil
Last Name: haggerty
City/Town: high river

Re: Push Back Bumpers 2019

Post by phil »

So, even for T&T this will be required, even though there is absolutely no safety benefit? If it will be required for T&T, it will also be required for TAK, which is mostly older karts. I think the bolt-on style bumper support started closer to 2014, so all the older ones will either need to be cut up, and re-fitted, or have the bumper replaced.

Phil

Fred

Post by Fred »

I believe this just applies to racing Phil .. Test and Tune Karts only have to comply to our own regulations. I can confirm though.

pauldeadman
First Name: paul
Last Name: deadman
City/Town: Okotoks

Post by pauldeadman »

May as well ask a question :)

When will the penalties come into affect?

1. from race one? Bit unfair if only a select amount of drivers have the bumpers fitted.

2. Or after race 3 when is mandatory?

thanks Fred
Paul

Fred

Post by Fred »

After Race 3 Paul ..... The penalty is mandated by ASN and is a 3 position penalty. This can not be altered by the Race Director.

Mark
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Hillier

Post by Mark »

Please consider donating old bumpers to TAK...
Mark Hillier #44 VLR Senior, Shifter