Junior 1 parents

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
2eyedjack
First Name: neil
Last Name: shearer
City/Town: okotoks

Junior 1 parents

Post by 2eyedjack »

Just been told we're not allowed on the track any more during test and tunes unless you're a coach. Is that what the junior 1 parents are? Is there anything official coming about this, or reasoning?

Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer
City/Town: Calgary

Re: Junior 1 parents

Post by Fred »

J1 parents are not coaches.
It has been observed via the cameras that many people are violating the class A side of the track (Race side) .. and in particular J1 parents just running across the track without any vests is often observed. At a Executive meeting on July 2 under Executive order whilst reviewing track and circuit safety it was decided that the T and T supervisor was to enforce the mandate that nobody but the supervisor is to pass the pre grid gates. Signs to this effect are in the drafting stage now.
Anyone in an official personal test scenario may put on a vest and stand in the marshal post on the start finish line. All other times the only person allowed on track or on the pit lane is the paid Club T and T supervisor.
You should remember and everyone Is reminded that you are under 24hr recorded video surveillance. Official coaches under the terms of a circuit rental agreement are allowed to transition from marshal post to marshal post whilst wearing a vest.
The paid T and T supervisor is under strict instruction to enforce this rule .. if you have any issue with this you can first contact the Manager and then the Club President for clarification.

Mark
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Hillier

Post by Mark »

This is silly. Vests are a reasonable requirement but parents need to be trackside to place cones and see how their driver approaches/exits various corners. Young drivers spin out and aren't always able to get themselves back on track and can, in certain circumstances, pose a far greater risk sitting out on track waiting for the official marshal to red flag the whole session and come out to get them going again.

Motorsport is not without it's risks. The club needs to minimize risks to people and property without impeding the smooth function of the facility or making things unduly arduous for the membership. We cannot make the risk zero. Stop trying.
Mark Hillier #44 VLR Senior, Shifter

pauldeadman
First Name: paul
Last Name: deadman
City/Town: Okotoks

Post by pauldeadman »

Hi,

I have to agree with Mark. Its essential for the parents to be out on the track with the J1 drivers for all the reasons he stated.

The T&T marshal is there to monitor the behavior of said parents and has the authority to stop them from practicing if he sees actions warranting it.

To throw a blanket ban on this because of 1 or 2 incidents seen from a camera is a bit over kill. Not everyone can pay for a coach and the biggest thrill I get from this is being able to go track side and gather information so my son can get better, Father and Son racing, having Fun, isn't that what its all about.

I totally get you are worried about safety but if the rules and regs are followed then its near perfectly safe, just like a J1 race day!!

Please re consider. You will lose members after all the efforts to gain them.

Paul

Murr15
First Name: Murray
Last Name: Hanna

Post by Murr15 »

Agree, I have been going on to the track with Matt and Naomi since opening year. I have never had, seen or heard of any incident because of a parent on the grass. We need to be able to coach our kids ourselves, as Paul said not everyone can afford a coach. I’ll buy a half dozen reflective vests if that’s the show stopper.

My 2 cents

Murray Hanna

Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer

Post by Fred »

OK we have a work around for this ... everyone will have to sign a Incident marshal form and conform to the requirements.
I will have the forms at the track this weekend and will also leave some with Jack too.
Everyone that has a driver that is going trackside must sign one and return it to me.
YOU MUST PROVIDE YOUR OWN HI VIS VEST.
This is not a general anyone can go on the track authorization (Grandma etc ) you must prove you have a driver under your instruction.
This also does not authorize you to gather on the pit lane to watch, the pit lane is purely for the use of the Test and Tune Marshal.

Murr15
First Name: Murray
Last Name: Hanna

Post by Murr15 »

Thank you Fred

Murray