Circuit Name

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer
City/Town: Calgary

Circuit Name

Post by Fred »

The naming rights of the track expired last year ... does anyone have any leads on any new potential sponsors .. ?

Should we now refer to the circuit purely as Strathmore Motorsport Park ...going forward ?

Thoughts !

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong

Re: Circuit Name

Post by John Kwong »

When and if we obtain a name sponsor for the track, we should rename the track in the same vein as what the Saddledome has done. The Saddledome has been renamed several times such as the, Canadian Airlines Saddledome, Pengrowth Saddledome and now Scotia Saddledome.

Some potential names:

Strathmore Motorsport Park
CKRC Speed Zone
Prairie Kart Park
Prairieland Kart Park
Kart City
TransCanada Kartplex
TransCanada Kart Circuit
Kart Gardens 2 ;-)
Eagle Lake Speed Park
Circuit of the Prairies
Escape Raceway
Escape Kartway
Irrigation Kartland
Wheatland County Raceway
Summerland Raceway
Chinook Kart Park
Rendezvous Raceway
Kartodrome

John K
Last edited by John Kwong on Tue May 12, 2020 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

allenberg1
First Name: Allen
Last Name: Berg

Post by allenberg1 »

In my humble opinion should be straightforward to understand what it is and include 'Calgary' and 'Kart Racing' in the name.

For those that may be unfamiliar with outlying areas around Calgary (like I was before going to Strathmore for karting) may not realize that the track is just a short drive from Calgary. (unless there is some obligation to the town of Strathmore)

Kart Racing - to avoid confusion with other types of racing - horse racing, drag racing, auto racing etc.

Such as Calgary Kart Racing Park or Calgary Kart Racing Track - also aligns with Calgary Kart Racing Club

If a naming sponsor is secured keep Calgary Kart Racing Track as suffix in the name such as PetroCanada Calgary Kart Racing Park. Does not roll off the tongue but to me seems important to not lose the lose the identity, like what happened to Mosport when it was rebranded to Canadian Tire Motorsports Park

Fred

Post by Fred »

BUMP BUMP BUMP

We need a new name that will forever be the known name of the track then a Sponsor added to it ... like JK says the Saddledome was always the Saddledome with a sponsor attached.

When JK and I built the track we had to have a name for paperwork reasons and because the area was originally a Cow field with water Pivots in it we Named it "Pivot Fields Raceway" Which was changed to Northstar Raceway.

So think hard and deep and lets see what you have, the New Name will be original and catchy and roll off the tongue ..... Our New Main sponsor will be added to it ..

be inventive

20 acres Raceway
14 Corners Kartdrome
250 Raceway
Highway 1
Cow Meadows Speed Park
Mainstr8 Kart Park

OK Get too it ......... you have nothing better to do .... maybe we will offer a Prize if we use any of them .

ULTIMATE HOME SCHOOL PROJECT

phil
First Name: phil
Last Name: haggerty
City/Town: high river

Post by phil »

We had this discussion in 2014, when the membership decided on "Northstar Raceway at Strathmore Motorsport Park", with the thought that the "Strathmore Motorsport Park " part would always stay there, as a reminder to the town that we are working together, and the other portion could change as part of a sponsorship deal. I don't see any reason that part should change. While we are a kart club, there is also AMRA, and the Motards running as well, so I believe the "Motorsport Park" part of the name is more appropriate.

Phil

evannadeau
First Name: Evan
Last Name: Nadeau

Post by evannadeau »

Going by the layout of SPONSOR - NAME - DESIGNATION, here are my suggestions on the latter two.

NAME:

Calgary ...
Calgary East ...
East Calgary ...
Buffalo Chip ...
Prairie Winds ...
Grass Wind ...
Snowy Peaks ...
Chinook ...
El Nino ...
Golden Fields ...
Prairie Gold ...
Grass Land ...
Grasslands ...
RockyView ...

DESIGNATION:

Raceway
Kart Raceway
Kart Park
Kart Track
Speed Park
Kart Race Park
Kart Race Track
Circuit
Motorsports Park
Motor Speedway
International ...
Autodrome
Kart Circuit
Kart Center
KartWorld

So there you have a great big starting point. Mix and match and see what resonates with you. A few ideas that sound decent to my ears are ...

Calgary International Kart Raceway
RockyView Raceway
Grass Winds Speedway

Good Luck.
VLR #42

DaveC
First Name: Dave
Last Name: Cameron

Post by DaveC »

phil wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:13 pm We had this discussion in 2014, when the membership decided on "Northstar Raceway at Strathmore Motorsport Park", with the thought that the "Strathmore Motorsport Park " part would always stay there, as a reminder to the town that we are working together, and the other portion could change as part of a sponsorship deal. I don't see any reason that part should change.
I can't say it any better.
Dave Cameron
Briggs Masters #12

dvelpel
First Name: Dan
Last Name: Velpel

Post by dvelpel »

Kartopia - Daughters suggestions

or... a funny one...

Moo Moo Cow, kart go around and don't hit a Cow.
With theme music that can play 24/7 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEAfHzBDZLw

Fred

Post by Fred »

I cant find any reference to Strathmore Motorsports Park (Although I tend to refer to it as such) and that, believe it or not gives me such headaches, with people calling weekly for motorcycle, Quad and four wheeler parts ! .... Im guessing they think we are the business that went under out there. We never refer to the circuit as that in any literature.

If you have a source of the wording we agreed on please let me know but I cant remember it ever being finalized as that.

My favorite so far is MOO MOO MEADOW RACEWAY :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Fred

Post by Fred »

Found it ....

Iain McVean made a motion to adopt “Northstar Raceway” at “Strathmore Motorsports Park”
as our new track and facility name. This motion was seconded by Joey Guyon. The name was
accepted unanimously.