What is the process for requesting a sea-can?

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
elmt1
First Name: David
Last Name: Morris
City/Town: Whitefish

What is the process for requesting a sea-can?

Post by elmt1 »

Hello all,

I am working on plans for this racing season and it having dedicated storage at the track would make the logistics easier. From what I have read on these forums and on the Web site, I have four main options.
  1. Buy an enclosed trailer and rent a space
  2. Find someone who has extra space and rent from them
  3. Rent a sea-can
  4. Find a mini-storage facility in Strathmore
I think any of these could work, but I am leaning toward option 3 sea-can. How would I get signed up for a sea-can? Is there a waiting list? What does it cost?

Thank you!

--David

Jackmazury
First Name: Jack
Last Name: Mazury
City/Town: Calgary

Re: What is the process for requesting a sea-can?

Post by Jackmazury »

Contact Fred Causer, his contact info is listed somewhere on the site as he is the clubs manager. Email is [email protected] I believe. I do not know what sea can availability for the coming season looks like currently or if the fees are published yet.

Jack
Shifter #30

Class Representative

Jen and Don
First Name: Jennifer
Last Name: Cheung
City/Town: Sundre

Post by Jen and Don »

Jen and I are purchasing a seacan this spring. (20') and will have it delivered to the track from Airdre supplier. We will then rent a slip that is 20'x 30' to set it on. We will pay the annual fee as it will sit there all year. The sea can needs to be light grey, white or beige and in good shape. I can get a seacan that has been used once (so basically brand new), delivered to track for $3500 plus GST.

Call me if you think you'd like to do the same as we might get a better deal with the purchase and delivery of two seacans................403-636-0593

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong

Post by John Kwong »

FYI - Any seacan parking must be cleared beforehand through the CKRC parking supervisor (Blake Newson) and the executive. I would start by emailing [email protected] to get more information.

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

elmt1

Post by elmt1 »

I appreciate the offer on the large sea-can; long term that makes sense, but this being my first year, I am hoping to figure out what I need before a big commitment like that.

I did reach out to Blake and he told me he would see what is available.

--David

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong

Post by John Kwong »

Hi David,

One of the club owned seacan rentals is what would probably suit your needs. It is half of a 20' seacan that has doors on both ends and is subdivided by a wall in the middle. For one or two karts this works pretty good. I don't know if the club is getting more or if there is a vacancy in the current ones. The cost in 2019 was $551.25/yr for new members.

John K
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

elmt1

Post by elmt1 »

Good evening John,

A 10x10 for my one kart and supporting gear seems like it would be perfect and the price is right. Hopefully one is available.

Thanks!

--David