For the first season as a driver what should i have already prepared and be done?

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
Pawel2002
First Name: Pawel
Last Name: Pankiewicz
City/Town: Calgary,Alberta

For the first season as a driver what should i have already prepared and be done?

Post by Pawel2002 »

I need some advice as this is gonna be my first season of doing go karting and also racing with other live drivers around me.
Do i need my karting licence already done? Do i need my medical examinations and self declaration done?
Other advice would certainly help a lot for a rookie driver like me!

John Kwong
First Name: John
Last Name: Kwong
City/Town: Calgary

Re: For the first season as a driver what should i have already prepared and be done?

Post by John Kwong »

Hi,

The CKRC membership is also your karting license. Part of this is attending the Rookie School in the Spring put on by the club. Watch for an announcement.

Sign up for a profile on www.motorsportreg.com which is where the club has all the events to register for.

Watch onboard kart vids on youtube to see how to and how not to pass or be in kart traffic.

Even though ASN Canada does not provide guidance anymore as our sanctioning body, their guidelines or very similar ones will be used for the medical requirements. Fred our manager would be better suited to answer this.

Many moons ago, I wrote an article, "What to do on raceday when you are new," which you can read here: https://kartopractor.weebly.com/blog/wh ... ou-are-new
John Kwong___CIR Realty___403-714-5583
www.johnkwong.ca
http://kartopractor.weebly.com/

DaveC
First Name: Dave
Last Name: Cameron
City/Town: Calgary

Re: For the first season as a driver what should i have already prepared and be done?

Post by DaveC »

"What to do on raceday when you are new" ... a modern classic ... must read for all new people (old ones might benefit sometimes). It is also available on this forum (top post in Race Day and Track Info). It will answer most questions, even ones you did not know you had. Medical stuff is applicable only to those 50+.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=545
Dave Cameron
Briggs Masters #12