CKRC Track Records - Feedback Wanted

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
newson48
First Name: Blake and Mark
Last Name: Newson
City/Town: Calgary

CKRC Track Records - Feedback Wanted

Post by newson48 »

UPDATE: The overall track records for 2015-2019 have been posted to our website under Competitor Info > Track Records. We will post further updates and track record lists in this location going forward.

Hi all,

I decided to go through and compile the track records to date for all the classes run at CKRC. We haven't been keeping track of them for the past few years, but I remember it always being a fun challenge to try to beat them, and for club members or out of towners to use as a benchmark. Most of them should be correct although there may have been a glitch in the timing system, or a faster time I missed, etc. If you notice any errors please let me know. In order for a record to count it must be recorded in our timing system in qualifying, pre-final, or final; running legal weight, tires, and the kart must pass tech.

We were thinking of posting this on the CKRC website under competitor info, as well as on the timesheet board at the track. Additionally, once the track modifications occur this season, we can keep the old records posted and have them "set in stone", and start fresh on a new record list.
Track records preliminary Feb 2020.JPG
Track records preliminary Feb 2020.JPG (96.82 KiB) Viewed 15302 times
-Mark
Last edited by newson48 on Wed May 06, 2020 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Senior Rotax #48

phil
First Name: phil
Last Name: haggerty
City/Town: high river

Re: CKRC Track Records - Feedback Wanted

Post by phil »

My only thought on this is the fact we changed tires for the 4 cycle classes for 2018, so there should be a new set for the Vega Green tires ( as well as possibly an older set from before 2016, when we weren't running Vega's at all).

Phil

newson48

Post by newson48 »

Phil,

I did think about the tire changes that have happened when making this list, although I figured it may be best to only include the fastest times still. As you pointed out, the Briggs classes are on their third different tire compound, and Rotax is as well (D2 - Vega blue - now D5), so it would require us to add 20+ records to the list when you consider all effected classes, making it much longer and more confusing to read.
Senior Rotax #48

pauldeadman
First Name: paul
Last Name: deadman
City/Town: Okotoks

Post by pauldeadman »

Hi Mark,

If you are going back to 2017, Trevor Sawatzky has the fastest J1 time on blue vegas. 103.330 see attached screen shot.

Paul
Attachments
Trevor Sawatzky lap time.jpg
Trevor Sawatzky lap time.jpg (193.65 KiB) Viewed 15339 times

newson48

Post by newson48 »

Thanks Paul, I will amend that one. I figured there must be a few times that I had missed, so it's helpful having someone more familiar with the class take a look.
Senior Rotax #48

Murr15
First Name: Murray
Last Name: Hanna

Post by Murr15 »

Well damn!

How about a fast lap for the year board?

I would volunteer to keep track, it could be posted too. Just another target for bragging rights.

Murray

JakeThompson
First Name: Jake
Last Name: Thompson

Post by JakeThompson »

I think their should be special recognition for the outright track record :D

pauldeadman
First Name: paul
Last Name: deadman
City/Town: Okotoks

Post by pauldeadman »

HA Sorry Murray and Matt :)

That's a good suggestion though! I like that. Fastest lap of the year.

Jackmazury
First Name: Jack
Last Name: Mazury

Post by Jackmazury »

Maybe a brass statue beside the entrance for that Jake?
Shifter #30

Class Representative

newson48

Post by newson48 »

Murray, I was rooting for Matthew too! Year to date lap records sounds like a great idea to me. It would require a bit more maintenance but may be more relevant to recent class rules and track conditions, which is a big plus. It will give drivers in every class something attainable to try and break each race.

Jake I agree, fastest lap overall certainly deserves extra recognition. I think we've just solved our track naming issue - how does Jake Thompson Raceway sound?

Mark
Senior Rotax #48