Sim Racing / Iracing

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
JakeThompson
First Name: Jake
Last Name: Thompson
City/Town: Calgary

Sim Racing / Iracing

Post by JakeThompson »

Hey Racers,

Seeing it looks like we are all laying low for a little while here, I thought I would reach out to see who out there is sim racing. Theres a decent group of us on Iracing and it might be fun to organize a couple CKRC sessions.

On that note, I know times are a bit tough right now, so I thought I would throw it out there that I have an old steering wheel and pedal setup I'm willing to give away to someone who might be interested in getting themselves setup for virtual racing. It's not the best wheel, but certainly good enough for someone looking to dip their toes in.

danish12
First Name: Danish
Last Name: Hasan

Re: Sim Racing / Iracing

Post by danish12 »

Hey Jake,

I would be interested in possibly getting together for some sim racing. I was planning on re activating my IRacing account, except I currently don't have a wheel and pedal set.

If it's still available I would be interested. My number is 4034029055. Thanks and happy racing.

Thanks,

Danish

Cabel
First Name: Cabel
Last Name: McElderry
City/Town: Red Deer

Post by Cabel »

Probably not super competitive to many of you but have been sim racing a bit through the winter, would be awesome to see some CKRC group events or even rallying in some members from the EDKRA too as I know I’ve seen it come up in posts some times

Gerhard8020
First Name: Gerhard
Last Name: Roets
City/Town: Cochrane

Post by Gerhard8020 »

A very good idea, I’m on iracing, look me up and send a friend request.

I’m running Renault formula 2.0 at Nürburgring this week and plan to run Pro Mazda at Spa next week. For me it is important to plan the car and track in advance as there is quite a learning curve.

jack_sree
First Name: Jack
Last Name: Sreekumar

Post by jack_sree »

I am on iracing as well and would be interested.

Jackmazury
First Name: Jack
Last Name: Mazury

Post by Jackmazury »

Im on iracing. I have the f3 which I mostly do formula sprint with. Mainly I just race the miata as I am missing a bunch of the tracks for sprint currently.
Shifter #30

Class Representative

Tjfast
First Name: Evan
Last Name: P
City/Town: RD

Post by Tjfast »

A CKRC event with everyone would be cool. We should def try to all get-together.

sanguinetti
First Name: Brendon
Last Name: Sanguinetti

Post by sanguinetti »

I'm in as well!

Let's have a quick vote to see what people want to do. In an effort to make it easy I just included a few popular series. We can just use included tracks for the first few weeks and then add some more tracks after we get going. For now Just go to the link below and vote for 1 series and a time/day.

https://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5 ... 090dd4bcde

Brendon Sanguinetti

JStretch
First Name: Josh
Last Name: Stretch

Post by JStretch »

I'll get in on this. Just reactivated my iRacing account after a long hiatus.

Bainesy36
First Name: Nigel
Last Name: Baines

Post by Bainesy36 »

I’m up for anything you guys decide! Using Discord to chat would be good too.

Stay safe and healthy everyone 👍🏻