Try-a-Kart, possible Rent-a-Kart?

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
evannadeau
First Name: Evan
Last Name: Nadeau
City/Town: Calgary

Try-a-Kart, possible Rent-a-Kart?

Post by evannadeau »

Hello everyone, it's great to be dipping my toes back into this community. I'm sure very few will remember me, but I did the timing and scoring about 13 or 14 years back. I did get a chance to get on the (old) track for an enduro race in one of Fred's/Allen's 4 stroke karts until one of the other drivers had an incident which resulted in a bent axle. So all in all, I've had maybe 10 laps of experience.

So, not being quite ready to jump fully with both feet, I'm going to come out for the Try-a-Kart program. And on that, I saw mention of possible kart rentals, contingent on members willing to provide this service, as the CKRC does not. So, is anyone planning on doing Rent-A-Kart this year? Or, perhaps there could be a rent to own arrangement worked out? I am an ex Motocross racer and am extremely mechanically inclined, so maintenance assistance would be nill. I just know I want to get on the track this year, and can't quite jump right into a full Rotax setup yet.

I look forward to seeing the new track and enjoying the smell of two-stroke in the morning. Just have to wait for the Snow and Covid to go away. See you out there soon.

Evan.
VLR #42

Mariogim
First Name: Mario
Last Name: Gimenez

Re: Try-a-Kart, possible Rent-a-Kart?

Post by Mariogim »

Hello Evan and welcome back. I believe that Phil Haggerty has Karts the he rents out for race weekends. I am sure if you PM him he could fill you in.

Cheers
Mario

Jackmazury
First Name: Jack
Last Name: Mazury

Post by Jackmazury »

Pretty sure Alan Haggerty is renting karts this year. As well there is the club try a kart program if that is at all enticing.
Shifter #30

Class Representative

evannadeau

Post by evannadeau »

Mario, Jack, thank you for the replies. I will get in touch with Phil/Alan Haggerty and discuss options.

Thanks,

Evan.
VLR #42

phil
First Name: phil
Last Name: haggerty
City/Town: high river

Post by phil »

Alan will have rental karts available. You can reach him at 403-652-8935, or email at [email protected].

Phil

evannadeau

Post by evannadeau »

Thanks very much, Alan, I'll send him an email.
VLR #42