2020 Rotax Masters New Tire Allocation Rule

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
sanguinetti
First Name: Brendon
Last Name: Sanguinetti
City/Town: Calgary

2020 Rotax Masters New Tire Allocation Rule

Post by sanguinetti »

Hi Racers, Hope you all had a great winter!

With the start of the racing season approaching and the current Global situation I thought it would be a good time to talk about introducing a new tire allocation rule for the 2020 CKRC Rotax Masters championship which has been spoken about previously by a few competitors in the past.
What we are proposing is a maximum number of new tire sets that can be used for the entire season (4 sets). This will do three things. (1) Lower racing costs which is good for us, the environment and future growth of our sport. (2) Closer competition and a more level playing field. (3) Introduce a new dimension to racing, tire savings.

So far I've spoken to a few Rotax Masters guys and club members who all are in favor. We will need to put it to a vote so if you're competing in the Rotax Masters this year please go to the link below and place your vote. Also please pass this on to anyone you know who is planning on competing.

Talk to you guys soon!
Brendon Sanguinetti

https://fs3.formsite.com/bgsanguinetti/ ... index.html

phil
First Name: phil
Last Name: haggerty
City/Town: high river

Re: 2020 Rotax Masters New Tire Allocation Rule

Post by phil »

This brings up a bunch of questions for me.

I do support the idea, but am unsure about timing, and enforcement.

Timing- D5's are new this year, and therefore will take more time to get a read on set-up, and lifespan of the tires. Also, those with deeper pockets will actually benefit more, as there is no limit on testing (which costs money for tires, fuel, maintenance, and the ability to be away from work).

Enforcement - If you bring a "used set" that say has been used for a practice session, does it count as a new set, or just every time someone pulls out a new set on race day?

I personally usually use discarded tires, and maybe one new set, but I assume there wouldn't be much left of the discards if this rule was in play.

The other questions aren't specific to this topic
- is there a class rep, and, if so, who is it?
-shouldn't this be posted in the Masters part of the forum?

Thanks
Phil

sanguinetti

Post by sanguinetti »

Hey Phil,

I don't think anyone with deep pockets will benefit more by this rule, I get what you're saying about testing but that's gonna remain the same regardless which way we go. There is no limit on practice/testing and it's open for everyone. The people affected most by this are those who use more new sets of tires on race days, they will have to learn how to manage the allotment.

So the proposal is for 4 sets of tires new or used. So if you show up with a used or scrubbed set that will count as 1 set. They will be marked and registered. There is an allowance for damaged tires to be replaced if needed.

Wet tires don't count towards the allocation.

I believe the last Rotax Masters class rep was Renaldo but I don't know if he is still doing that role.

Yes, I should have posted this in the Masters section but I didn't want people to miss seeing it as we don't have much time to make the decision.

sanguinetti

Post by sanguinetti »

Hey guys whether you're for or against the proposal, take a minute to vote today. The voting will be open until 7pm. So far we have 6 votes.

Brendon

Joey Guyon
First Name: Joey
Last Name: Guyon

Post by Joey Guyon »

Hey Guys great discussion!

I think the intention and concept is great, keep the innovations coming!

Regards,

Joey Guyon