Feed Back for Future 2021 Race Season

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer
City/Town: Calgary

Feed Back for Future 2021 Race Season

Post by Fred »

Guys need a little feed back for Preparing for 2021 (if the World doesn't end in 2020)

We have ran a lot of Double Headers this year so..... What would you like to see for 2021

1. ALL Double Headers for 2021 but only 1 Race weekend a month.

Will allow more practice time.
Will allow the season to start slightly later.
Will allow for better scheduling with EDKRA , Who only run one double header a month.
Will allow families to have more summer down time to explore other activities.

2. As we are now with a Mix of Single Races and 2 or 3 Double Headers racing Twice a Month.

3. Swapping Single Race Days to a Saturday.

The Demographic of the club has changed over the last 5 years and it will be good to see what our future race days might look like. A good amount of feedback would be great so we can start planning what next year may look like.

Jackmazury
First Name: Jack
Last Name: Mazury

Re: Feed Back for Future 2021 Race Season

Post by Jackmazury »

Fred,

I personally like the current format with a mix of singles and double headers. There are a lot of people who prefer to only do one race and then have second day off. Alternatively there are others who like the double headers, so we currently have a good mix of both I think.

In regards to switching the single races to Saturday’s, I don’t see an issue as it would yield 7 more entries on the single races at a minimum. This is due to the trim family only racing on Saturdays.

My .02

Jack
Shifter #30

Class Representative

elmt1
First Name: David
Last Name: Morris
City/Town: Whitefish

Post by elmt1 »

Good evening Fred,

If the track was an hour or so away, I might feel differently, but for me it is a big investment in time and money just to get to the track so double headers are much better. If it were an all double header season with racing once per month, it would be a big incentive for me to make it to all races in the season. My plan for 2020 and before Covid 19 was to leave Montana early enough on Thursday to make it to the test and tune and then stay for racing over the weekend. I was hoping to make it to the double header races in 2020 at CKRC and a couple of other single day races. Of course that didn't work out, and my latest hope is that I can cross the border if they open it up on September 21 and race in the enduro race but a lot of things have to fall in place for that to work out.

Thanks!

Tjfast
First Name: Evan
Last Name: P
City/Town: RD

Post by Tjfast »

Single race days on Saturdays is an awesome idea. Having more doubleheaders would be awesome, since like you said it allows for more practice. As Jack said, this format has been quite enjoyable.

As for season start, I think starting the season at the same time but ending earlier would be better. For those who have school, racing can be difficult to make time for. I think shooting for the last 2 races to be within the first weekend of September would be great for those going to school.

This year's calendar has been awesome.

E.

Shayne & Griffin
First Name: Shayne
Last Name: Mackenzie
City/Town: Edmonton

Post by Shayne & Griffin »

As a EDKRA member I believe if you ran more double headers you would see more travel down for the races, and if the tires were the same that of course should help too.
0.01$

Shayne

Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer

Post by Fred »

Fantastic Shayne ... so when are EDKRA swapping back to Vegas .... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Jen and Don
First Name: Jennifer
Last Name: Cheung
City/Town: Sundre

Post by Jen and Don »

As a family who has pretty much taking up residency at the track, we love double headers. If there are to be single race days, we would like them better if they were on a Saturday. I would prefer a double header every three weeks as apposed to once a month but not everyone loves the smell of race fuel as much as me. :lol:
Starting the race schedule a little later is not a bad thing as we seem to be in a bit of a rush getting ready for the first race as the weather can be, well , Alberta weather, right? This could give all of us more time to help get the track up and running as there is always new jobs popping up at the beginning of the season. In the same breath, I am sympathetic to those that want to do a lot of other travelling in the summer months.

That's my two cents, and as we keep accumulating more karts, that"s about all we have in the bank account right now. :)

The Gibson family

kadler
First Name: Brent
Last Name: Kadler

Post by kadler »

Us old guys got pretty beat up by having 3 double header weekends in a row. It would be nice to spread out the days a little bit more. Totally understand that this year was special due to you know what. Cheers.

Mark
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Hillier

Post by Mark »

I find the current mix to be good. We like the Sundays over Saturdays for the single days -which we enjoy for a bit of a break.

Keep it like it is
Mark Hillier #44 VLR Senior, Shifter

pauldeadman
First Name: paul
Last Name: deadman
City/Town: Okotoks

Post by pauldeadman »

Hi Fred,

Here are my views:

1. I like option 1 for all reasons stated but from a racing standing point the collaboration with the EDKRA is key! Both schedules should not clash and shouldn’t be back to back. This would allow for racing every 2 weeks between the clubs, maybe an additional “Alberta” championship season??? Could this also help revamp the shootout points questions that seem to happen every year? A season long competition?

2. We need to encourage the junior programs in both micro and minimax. EDKRA has 5 or 6 running and with our pool of juniors this could really take off. It offers the next level of racing to Briggs as you know.

3. I understand the politics of the tires but can we please figure out a ruling to allow both brands to be run?? Weight penalty? A buy back scheme from Mojo if they want us all to change?? Something must be able to happen!

Thank you for starting this discussion early so it can be properly dealt with.

Paul

1. ALL Double Headers for 2021 but only 1 Race weekend a month.

Will allow more practice time.
Will allow the season to start slightly later.
Will allow for better scheduling with EDKRA , Who only run one double header a month.
Will allow families to have more summer down time to explore other activities.