Feed Back for Future 2021 Race Season

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
JStretch
First Name: Josh
Last Name: Stretch
City/Town: Calgary

Re: Feed Back for Future 2021 Race Season

Post by JStretch »

I like Jake's suggested schedule.
JakeThompson wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:21 pm I also like the mix of single races and double headers. In my perfect world we would start the year with single race events (3 singles from May to early June), then do 3 double headers through the summer with 3-4 weeks between races, and then 2 more singles to round out the the year in September. This allows for fewer commitments in the summer when people are looking to take vacation, but still keeps some single race events, which have their own benefits.

evannadeau
First Name: Evan
Last Name: Nadeau

Post by evannadeau »

I have to agree that Jakes suggested schedule sounds great. As I personally hope to do races in both Edmonton and also in BC with my brother, the breaks between Calgary races would really help. And time for family vacations as well.
VLR #42

vquiring
First Name: Verne
Last Name: Quiring

Post by vquiring »

I think a mix of single race weekends and two race weekends provides a good balance.

My concern is with overall available track time. With the larger membership thought needs to be given to T and T track time. It can get pretty crowded. Should there be more organized T and T days? Should the organized T and T days start earlier?

CraigJ
First Name: Craig
Last Name: Johnson

Post by CraigJ »

Fred. I realize we’re late to the party on this convo bet I really enjoyed the double headers. I like doing them once a month. As you said left a lot more time to do other things. Also we would love to see race days move to saturdays on single race weekends. Our boys are exhausted on mondays and this would allow them to get caught up on sleep. And besides... the Trims would come. Lol.
Craig Johnson
Father of Myles Johnson #69
Learning as we go.....

Murr15
First Name: Murray
Last Name: Hanna

Post by Murr15 »

So I was going to come one here and say all doubles, 6 of them and change directions right in the middle for some drama. But after reading some of the posts, singles early (May/June) and late (September......October) doubles in the middle
with a good long break 6 weeks July/August. (Jakes or similar).

I would like to see some different formats, inverts, choose cone, just mix it up a bit.

Saturday singles are fine with me I wanna beat the Trims......I mean race with the Trims

Murray/Team Hanna

Sheriff525
First Name: Lane
Last Name: Trim

Post by Sheriff525 »

More Saturdays is the way to go.
We are looking at our entry potential for next year and with our new additions we will be looking at 12 entries each weekend with a full healthy crew.

Plus I want to race Murray too.
Lane Trim #93 - Briggs Masters
Team Trim Racing

JStretch
First Name: Josh
Last Name: Stretch

Post by JStretch »

This year we ran 7 races in the CCW track direction and 4 CW. With two new sections of pavement, I really like CW and would prefer a more even split between the two directions.

Also, the track direction only changed once throughout the year and I think that's a good approach.

dvelpel
First Name: Dan
Last Name: Velpel

Post by dvelpel »

I would love to see one (or two) more endurance races (maybe start/mid season). Maybe split it with full modification (anything goes) end of the year endurance and then mid season do a “regulated” endurance where there’s no performance modification, only safety related changes. Run class weight/fuel/engine/tires etc. Maybe even make a championship out of it?

All the action may be good for a media exposure as well.

Mark
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Hillier

Post by Mark »

I agree the endurance racing is great fun. A few ideas have been mulled in the past including making it briggs-only, going to 6-hr or even a 12-hr race format and have 3 or 4 events for a mini-championship. Sadly there has never been much interest.

I'm certainly interested in discussing possibilities if there's interest.
Mark Hillier #44 VLR Senior, Shifter