Emergency details signage on pre-grid

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
kolsen
First Name: Keith
Last Name: Olsen
City/Town: Calgary

Emergency details signage on pre-grid

Post by kolsen »

Just throwing this out there - in light of the one of the conversations about "unscheduled TnT" on last night special meeting.

With the potential for new TnT supervisors to be in control of the track - if there was an incident that required emergency services - how do they access that information? I know the address is in the atco trailer, and yes, this information is in the training material, but how many people have this committed to memory? Or can access it quickly in an emergency situation?

I propose a sign at the grid that basically has a script:

Number to call
Address to give
what to say

We have signs that clearly state all the rules - but nothing about what to do in an emergency situation.

This way the information is easy to access, and anybody with a phone can make the call and provide all the required/correct information (in the unlikely event)

As mentioned there is a lot of new people out there, and this would go along way to improving the safety stance during TnT sessions - especially "unscheduled" ones.

Keith

Jackmazury
First Name: Jack
Last Name: Mazury

Re: Emergency details signage on pre-grid

Post by Jackmazury »

Keith,

I’m quite certain there is a sign exactly like the one you are describing in the scale shack on the east wall.
Shifter #30

Class Representative

kolsen
First Name: Keith
Last Name: Olsen

Re: Emergency details signage on pre-grid

Post by kolsen »

That may be the case, but I was not aware of this, as I am sure many others would not know this.

Is there any reason this could/should not be adjacent to the signage with the rules/policies where it's highly visible/available?