Appreciation

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
Jen and Don
First Name: Jennifer
Last Name: Cheung
City/Town: Sundre

Appreciation

Post by Jen and Don »

I so want to show my appreciation to the club for their appreciation shown today in honouring me with a gold membership! We really do love our time here at the track and extend that time by doing as much volunteering as we can. We consider this place our home away from home.

I just want to add that without my family behind me, we wouldn’t be able to spend nearly as much time here as we have done in the last few years.

I especially want to bring Carter into this spotlight as he has done just as many hours of volunteering as I have in order to be recognized today for the Gold Member award. To be able to stand shoulder to shoulder with Your teenage son every day that we are at the track , and for him not to look like he’s embarrassed of his 59 year old father, Is all I could ask for.

kolsen
First Name: Keith
Last Name: Olsen
City/Town: Calgary

Re: Appreciation

Post by kolsen »

Congrats Don - I know the club has definitely benefitted from your and Carter's participation!

phil
First Name: phil
Last Name: haggerty
City/Town: high river

Re: Appreciation

Post by phil »

Don, and Carter, I want to personally thank the two of you for all the help with Try A Kart. It has definitely run smoother with the two of you helping. I also agree that not enough credit goes to the younger volunteers that are out helping with their parents. I know Alan has probably averaged well over 100 hours a year since 2010, and, whether he realizes it, or not, has been a big part of TAK's success over the years, even though he has scaled it back over the past few years. There are many more of the younger generation who do help out a lot, and without getting into names, I would like to thank them all. They are the future of the club, and I would like to see more of them helping to guide the club forward, attending meetings, and voicing their opinions.

Phil