Generators

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
Casper6688
First Name: Mike
Last Name: Pruss
City/Town: red deer

Generators

Post by Casper6688 »

Not sure if this topic has been discussed before or not , but anyways.. here's my .02 I get why people need some electricity at the track , as we use it as well , but could those who run generators for the duration of the day either , find a whisper quiet model or maybe only use it when absolutely required . As well , if you do use a generator , it would be best if the exhaust is routed in a direction that affects your neighbors the least . Seeing as the pit area is deemed a "quiet" place after the morning session , I think this should also apply to generators .

Mike

Mark
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Hillier
City/Town: Calgary

Re: Generators

Post by Mark »

This is actually already club policy. The following is taken from the “Competitor Info” Section of the website:

Paddock Electricity
Electricity is not available in the paddock.

Generators are recommended if you need power. Generators are to be run only when needed (e.g. to run-up a compressor). If left running continuously, you will be asked to shut it down (kart shops are exempt from this rule). “Quiet” inverter types are strongly recommended.

Generators are not to be run from 11pm to 7am. Please be considerate of those around you.
Mark Hillier #44 VLR Senior, Shifter