Keeping your transponder fresh.............

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
Jen and Don
First Name: Jennifer
Last Name: Cheung
City/Town: Sundre

Keeping your transponder fresh.............

Post by Jen and Don »

Just a little hint I'd like to pass on that i learned last year about extending the life of your transponder over the winter months. We have a non-subscription , older type. I bought it used and ended up sending it to a company in Texas that did a great job replacing the battery for about $60. I was told to charge it once in a while and when fully charged, leave it in the cradle without the charge cable attached. It's amazing that it can still blink a green light or two after laying there for up to two weeks or more .

May save a new purchase or having to send it out to repair....................................Don