racing in multiple classes

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
eagle
First Name: Lee
Last Name: Rivey
City/Town: Calgary

racing in multiple classes

Post by eagle »

Hello
I am interested in racing a second kart. What i am curious about is if the 2 classes are back to back in racing order?

I found most races this past season, the 2 classes id be joining are always back to back.

For example, first class is a senior, and the second is a master class. Would there just be a slight delay for me to come off the track with senior kart, park kart on side without weighing, and jump in a second kart and then the class is waived onto the track once i move kart into grid slot?

thanks for some info

phil
First Name: phil
Last Name: haggerty
City/Town: high river

Re: racing in multiple classes

Post by phil »

If you're running two separate karts it's not a big problem. They will let you jump to the front at the scales, weigh your kart, then go join the grid for the next class. Remember that your weight will drop a bit doing the two back to back, so you may find you need to add a bit to the second one. If you're planning on doing it with one kart, and adding/ removing weight, they probably wouldn't appreciate the wait.

Phil

eagle
First Name: Lee
Last Name: Rivey

Post by eagle »

Thanks Phil. Good to know the club will wait the couple minutes for someone to come off the track and switch to their second kart. Looking forward to more track time on a race weekend!

Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer

Post by Fred »

As Phil has pointed out, we do if required wait for back to back racers to get to their next Kart. This is the only time we allow overtaking to get back to the Scale after the chequered flag.
Once at the Scale you will weigh in and once cleared place your Kart in Parc Ferme (if required for tech) and proceed to your new grid position and new Kart. Your Kart should be at the grid ready before you take the track for the first race. The reason we always have these races back to back is because its quite unusual for racers to run both Senior and Masters races. We will not wait for any maintenance to be carried out to a single Kart on a double entry. As Phil mentioned you should expect to weigh in around 5lb less on the second weigh in so would need to take this into consideration.