Junior VLR 100 2 STROKE

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer
City/Town: Calgary

Junior VLR 100 2 STROKE

Post by Fred »

I have been talking to some parents about the VLR Junior package. Here is an explanation for others.
The motor package is the same as the Senior package except for a $50 manifold change,
it will be used on a full size frame either 2 stroke or 4 stroke and can be a valuable step up from LO206
Junior class will be from the age of 11 (12 that year)

Unlike Micro and Mini you wont need to purchase a new engine / Chassis package later on up the age group. The engine package and frame will take you all the way to Senior.
The club voted this as a legitimate sanctioned class in 2018 eligible for class trophies and points.
ROK Cup allows for a ROK the RIO seat in Las Vegas at the end of the year.

This class is ideal to explore 2 stroke racing at an affordable cost and coupled with a tire that we predict will last all year is a very cost effective way to enjoy more 2 stroke power at an affordable price.

Kart shops
Overdrive Ms
K and K West
Both carry the Engine package and the tires for this class.

For more information give me a call

Junior parents its apparent there is some interest in this but you guys need to talk .

kolsen
First Name: Keith
Last Name: Olsen

Re: Junior VLR 100 2 STROKE

Post by kolsen »

Might want to double check on the manifold price - I recall paying $100 last year...

Fred
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Causer

Re: Junior VLR 100 2 STROKE

Post by Fred »

Ha ha .. I'm not getting into the Kart shops pricing ! 😉😂