New Trailer Survey (you have 3 options)

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.

If you were in the market for a Enclosed trailer What size would you be looking for

Poll ended at Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:19 am

Under 10ft
1%
10 - 15ft
19%
15 - 20ft
10%
20 - 30ft
5%
30 - 40ft
1%
Single Axle
11%
Twin Axle
22%
Triple Axle
No votes
Rear Door Only
2%
Rear and Side Door
29%

Total votes: 106

kolsen
First Name: Keith
Last Name: Olsen
City/Town: Calgary

Re: New Trailer Survey (you have 3 options)

Post by kolsen »

I went barn doors for the reasons you mentioned - space at the back. The ramp was easy enough to build, and store - during race days it just leans on the trailer wall, and when loaded it tucks up between the kart bumper and the trailer doors.

Never had any issue with it moving while loading or unloading, but an easy resolution with a tiedown...

I'm kind short so banging my head is not an issue (but would be the same if you were going in and out the side door. With the back door closed, it's awfully dark inside - nice to have natural light..

you should check out the auction sites - ritchie bros, mitchner allen, etc...they have a tonne of cargo trailers that you could probably get for a sweet price...

evannadeau
First Name: Evan
Last Name: Nadeau
City/Town: Calgary

Re: New Trailer Survey (you have 3 options)

Post by evannadeau »

Thanks for the replies everyone. Getting the valuable feedback I need.
VLR #42