Solar flood lights

This is the place for general conversations related to karting.
Forum rules
The forums are a place for open discussion of karting topics. Please respect the opinions of others. No name calling, abuse, bashing etc. of any sort will be tolerated and offending posts will be removed and offenders sanctioned at the discretion of the webmaster or the executive. All posted materials, text, etc. become the property of the CKRC and may be displayed or removed at the discretion of the CKRC.
Jen and Don
First Name: Jennifer
Last Name: Cheung
City/Town: Sundre

Solar flood lights

Post by Jen and Don »

Well, I tried to post this a little earlier but after clicking "submit", I haven't a clue where it ended up. :roll: So here I go again. If any of you want to have some bright flood lights that are powered by their own solar panel, I purchased such a thing on Amazon. It's two LED flood lights with a small but strong solar panel and lights are controlled by a remote control. It can turn them on and off like a regular light switch or it has several different hourly times for dusk to dawn. You can control the brightness too. I mounted each light on an 80lb strength magnet so I can locate them where ever the light is needed. ( can even hang them in your tent canopy) The lights will detach from the solar panel wiring so it becomes very portable as the they can still be operated when detached. I think there is about 16 ft of wire for each light. Great set up if all you need is light and want to avoid the whole car battery and large solar panel setup. Magnets were $11 each and solar panel with the two lights was $88. Not sure if by me attaching a picture of the lights the first attempt, caused me to lose the file so I will try that separately. Anyone interested I could always text you the link. Don Gibson 403-636-0593
Attachments
solar lights.jpg
solar lights.jpg (85.9 KiB) Viewed 1603 times

Jen and Don
First Name: Jennifer
Last Name: Cheung
City/Town: Sundre

Re: Solar flood lights

Post by Jen and Don »

Oh. And one more thing to add. I hot glued a smaller magnet to the back of the remote control to be able to store on a steel member in the trailer. Who else hates when they lose the tv remote?